This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,383 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Horror question💋 (557 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(2y)

Does it bother anyone else that with Friday the 13th and Halloween that it is never explained why Jason Voorhees and Micheal Myers can keep coming back and not die?
Most all horrors there is a reason they are Vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc. But with those 2 films it's never explained!
I don't think they are zombies bc they both kill with intent they both have a mission in mind.

What are your thoughts on these 2 classic horror movie killers that just won't die!

Teeny💋

+3

God
Report comment
(2y)

That's what makes them horror icons. The not knowing why they're able come back to life sequel after sequel.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Well that is a good way to look at it💋💋

guru
Report comment
(2y)

Maybe it's something to do with the theory that evil never dies and that is what the script writers are using to continuously resurrect both characters over and over again :)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 Now that is a good theory. This just dawned on me recently about them never explaining it. Even Freddy from same time period is explained. But your theory is a good one. 💋💋

+2

guru
Report comment
(2y)

I've always wondered when did Michael Myers learn to drive??? smiley

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 Does he drive in one of the films??💋💋

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 The original Halloween movie, he drives past the 3 girls and slams on brakes when one shouts out 'Speed kills'? He uses vehicles in other Halloween movies also smiley

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@LissaDarkmoon🌘 Lol I guess the evil undead can drive as well💋💋

+2

master
Report comment
(2y)

Stephen King had this to say on the matter at one point. “Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear.” In a horror story, the victim keeps asking why – but there can be no explanation, and there shouldn’t be one. The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end.”

+3

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ Great quote from the master of horror. I guess that is why it's still a nagging question in my mind💋💋💋

+1

Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@Teeny💋 They did make an attempt to explain Michael, though, in later sequels. Season of the witch was one of the worst, in my opinion. With 4 through 6, they attempt to connect that whole cult following to him and the thorn symbol being placed on him from birth. Like they marked him, and the goal driving him was to destroy his every living relative to complete the ritual and make him truly immortal. Or maybe killing the last living relative would lift the thorn curse or something and set him free? Not sure that they were clear on that. The killing gave him power, and he was almost unstoppable, maybe even completely unkillable until he manages to off every living relative. Even though I actually liked 4-6, and the couple that came after those, I feel as though this attempt at explaining the monster kind of sent the whole thing in a bad direction. Would he have stopped killing once all of his family was dead? Or would he becomes something else? They never really said. As King said, There can be no explanation. The unknown is far more frightening. In the last couple of movies, they seem to have abandoned those other films and chosen instead to pick up from the first movie (or maybe after the first two) as though the others never happened. And I think that was a wise move.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ I think the problem their is when they have different writers or directors you lose the original story. I think we will see Micheal finally die in the upcoming one. I personally loved Rob zombies remakes. Thanks for the info and I had actually forgotten about the cult part. It's been many many years since watching the older ones...ugggh makes me feel old! I can remember hiding my face in a popcorn box at the theaters back when the first ones came out. They don't even have popcorn boxes anymore...lol💋💋

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 I liked the first one by Rob Zombie. The second one, not as much. I only saw a couple of them on the big screen. Drive-ins were my favorite. My grandmother took me to see a bunch of horror movies at drive-ins, when I was probably too young for them. Also saw Christine on a big outdoor screen that way when it came out. We still have two of them in driving distance. One of them is always double feature, so you get two movies for like 4 bucks. It would be awesome if one of those did a Halloween marathon or something.

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ Omg horror movies at drive ins are the best! I really wish they would make a come back, would make more sense now worth covid and social distancing. I to saw many horrors when I was too young to see them. My dad loved horrors so he took me along, so I have a long history of watching and loving horror movies. Thank you for sharing 💋💋

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 I'd love to go to the new Halloween movie at a drive in and have someone dress as Michael Myers and go stand between cars randomly and wait to be noticed, then stare at people menacingly. That would be a riot.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ That would be so awesome! He would have to do the slow walk As well💋💋

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,383 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series