Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,860 reviews
122,457 films • 18,487 TV series

Exorcist sequel💋 (233 views, 9 replies)

God
Report comment
(9mo)

Omg a sequel to the 1973 original horror film. This is my all time favorite horror that still scares me to watch today. Best demon voice ever! I compare all new demonic possession films to the original one. I can't wait for this. Ellen burstyn is in it too!
Coming October 13th💋

+4

master
Report comment
(9mo)

oh wow It should be good. Do you know who's directing it?

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express, the rebooted Halloween franchise, etc.).

It's not just Ellen Burstyn, but also her one and only posseesd self, Linda Blair in a cameo moment.

I only enjoyed the first Halloween he rebooted. The last two went from cheesey to downright stupid.

Halloween and The Exorcist are 2 horror icons that deserve respect.

I hope he does that.

I'm doubtful though. (I hope to be wrong! smiley )

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@DontSpeak yes I'm very worried about that also. That is why I wanted to know who was directing it. That always has a huge impact on how well a horror film turns out. smiley

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 David Gordon Green is director also one of the writers. (Halloween 2018, Halloween kills, Halloween ends, eastbound & down, righteous gemstones, Joe, Pineapple Express, the sitter) so you can see he has horror, drama and comedy under his belt.

Writer is Scott Teems (insidious red door, Firestarter 2022, Halloween kills, rectify)

Also written by Peter Sattler, and unbelievably Danny Mcbride

I had no idea Danny Mcbride wrote the last 3 Halloween films either. It makes sense though bc he's around my age and Halloween and exorcist were both from my childhood. 💋💋

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@Teeny💋 yes Madam we must be the same age then. I didn't have cable we had a vcr one of the first on the market. The Exorcist was one of the movies I would put on after school. No doubt it warped my brain. Watching it over and over when I was 10-12 years old. I can't wait to check this new one out

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Same here. My dad has always taken me to see horror films since I was young. I remember hiding my face in popcorn 🍿 boxes... back when it came in boxes. We even had a video disc player which were before vhs and beta. It was a disc about the size of an album and it was enclosed in a plastic case. You slid the whole case into the player and halfway through you had to pull it out and flip it to see the second half. God an I showing my age now...lol💋💋

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@Teeny💋 I don't remember what you are referring to as far as the disc goes. I'll have to research that. It sounds like you had a very similar relationship with your Dad. My Dad would take us to the drive-in. Kids got in free. Remember that? I sure Jaws was the first horror film I saw at the movies. It's been wonderful reminiscing with you💛

+1

master
Report comment
(9mo)
(edited)

looks totally inspired by original... cant wait

The Exorcist: Believer

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(9mo)

@🌞Suisen🌞 Awesome thanks for the trailer. It does look intriguing 💛

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,860 reviews • 122,457 films • 18,487 TV series