This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,789 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

Civil war in Russia? (256 views, 10 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

Breaking news; Wagner and Prighozin are advancing on Moscow.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...

Russians fighting among themselves, maybe they will stop killing theur neighbours.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

Grab popcorn, put on blue/yellow t-shirt. This will be interesting.

+2

master
Report comment
(10mo)

I want to think that if this goes full-on war, -civil war, Insurrection, whatever you want to call it- maybe Putin is eventually removed from power, and it ends up being a good thing for the rest of the world. However, I'm not entirely sure who I would want to win. Because on one side, you have Russia, who have been doing horrible things and threatened multiple countries with nuclear attacks in recent years alone. And on the other hand, you have this guy who worked for them for years, building a military force. And this guy isn't opposing Russia because he disagrees with the bad things they have been doing. If the things we've heard here are true, he's doing it because they didn't treat him and his men as equals with Russian military, sabotaged them, and even tried to kill them off.
So, considering that this is not someone who disagrees necessarily with the way Russia had been doing things, would his people (made up, reportedly, of veterans and many criminals) be better for the world, taking over the country, or could it end up being potentially far worse?
Read more

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@⍟LiviaD34D⍟ smiley Awwww Shyt.
Yer tellin' me there are bigger asshats lining up for his job?

smiley

+1

Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@(⌐■_■) Probably a lot of them. I mean, we can always hope for someone better, but what are the odds a person able to take him out is going to end up being a better person? That they aren't just after power and could end up being a bigger threat?
Power does strange things, even to good, well-intentioned, people. But here we have someone who was actually close to Putin, and hasn't spoken out or had any misgivings, that we are aware of, over Russia's past actions. Except where it concerns himself and his militia.

+1

Report comment
(10mo)

Wagner chief says he ordered his Russian mercenaries to halt march on Moscow and return to Ukraine

apnews.com/article/russia-ukrain...

Bummer..... smiley smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd While Prighozhin holds Rostov this cannot last.
Maybe a pause, but this is not over until either Putin or Prighizhin is hanging from a lamp-post.

+1

skilled
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

'Gozer' gave it up and turned back, but there may be fallout for some of the regular top brass.

He's long had it in for Defense Minister Shoigu and Chief of Staff Gerasimov - he wasn't after Putin, just these two guys.

After his mercenaries took Bakhmut and handed it over to the regulars, his troops got hit with a missile attack from the rear.

I guess he thought since Shoigu and Gerasimov didn't need him anymore for Bakhmut, they figured it was a good time to 'off' him and his whole crew.

So, he went after them. We'll see what kind of 'deal' it took to get him to back-off, look for a shakeup in some of the top brass, which these optics may have been designed to accomplish in the first place.

After a show like this, though, his head might roll as well.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

So, WTF just happened?
Jake Broe has an interesting analysis and predictions for how it might go...

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

IS THERE A NUCLEAR ALERT IN EUROPE?

News sources are reporting an increased risk of a melt-down at Zaporihzia power plant.
Cooling systems on 4 of the 6 reactors are mined and Russia seems increasingly desperate.
A radiation leak would impact the Nordic countries and Poland first, then spread over Europe.
www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/27...

Ukraine claims Russia planning ‘massive’ incident at nuclear site

Ukraine’s defence intelligence directorate warns Russia will simulate an attack at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

I don't buy it, hvn't bought it a month ago too. A possibility of my thoughts is that it's a Sun Tzu trick, been performed many times in the past, even before Sun Tzu, like in ancient Hindu, Greek and perhaps Egyptian (similar but in different scales) history. In troops positioning, as case, it truly reminds me when Thebes won a famous and larger Spartan troop formation (Epaminondas). But in this case the smaller army is the Spartan formation and not the Thebean analog - positioning as against NATO and not UKR. Unfortunately my logic tells me that we gonna suffer a WWIII for 5 years more and Ukraine for at least 9 years of desolation. I hope I am totally wrong and war ends soon and everything goes well for everyone.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,789 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series