This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,657 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Adding Movies/TV Shows (462 views, 21 replies)

This topic has been closed.

expert
Report comment
(1y)

How do I add a movie or show that isn't already in the database here? For instance, the 1935 movie On Probation isn't here already and I wanted to add it. I only see a way to add links for existing shows and movies and no way to add new ones that aren't here? I looked through a few forum pages before asking and didn't see any immediate answer.

+2

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Pop to this link...

dosmovies.com/movie_request

Fill in all the details there, and add your links. Once it is approved by admins it will appear on site 😊

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Horror⚰️ Thank you very much! I appreciate the help!!

+2

expert
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Are new links for titles not in the system not accepted anymore? Link 721 on Request a movie is a link that I submitted months ago.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@schuyl The request section just hasn't been cleared. Even the ones that have been accepted are still showing. Unfortunately you don't get a notification on approval.

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Since I'm feeling generous, if anyone has links to a movie which has not yet been accepted on site, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll add the movies manually for you guys if that helps 👍

+3

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Horror⚰️ Thank, so much, Horror.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Horror⚰️ I would rather have the credit myself considering they would mostly be my uploads.

Report comment
(1y)

@schuyl If you're not a contributor, then you cannot make new pages or add new episodes. To my knowledge, according to the information page, you don't get any points for adding links here. Your uploads will earn you the money, if that's what you're concerned about, as that's got nothing to do with making pages or adding episodes. Horror was just offering (as an actual contributor) to make the spaces you need to add your links (uploads).

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I don't make money from my uploads. I didn't notice about the points. I remember receiving points for it a few years ago.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@schuyl I can only see the information now, which is the following:

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I don't even know how one becomes a contributor.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@schuyl I am doing a semi-educated guess, but I think that the site owner and administrator (Dr. Evil) has to do this.

You can message JudgeDredd and see if he can direct you, or possibly ask any of the other active contributors.

In the meantime, any of the other active contributors can indeed open up an IMDB/TVMaze verified show or movie, and/or and episodes so you can add links in under your own profile.

smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

There are some vids in my collection that are missing from the listings, and some in higher definition.
What is the procedure for up loading them?

admin
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Please ask contributors if you want to add a movie.

And I'm asking contributors to periodically check dosmovies.com/movie_request page and add movies by yourself.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil Does staff not approve those anymore? What contributors should we contact instead of trying and hearing no?

I am a bit disappointed that I couldn't link my own DVD rip here because a contributor uploaded three exact copies of it. I didn't think that would happen since I only have it on a torrent website and didn't share the Mixdrop file. I only say a bit disappointed because piracy is the name of the game. I actually became a trusted uploader on a certain torrent website because I couldn't add new pages here.

expert
Report comment
(1y)

Can the request page be used to add movies and shows that aren't out yet?

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,657 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series