This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,708 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

Wonka (2023) Offical Trailer ... and info (279 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

www.imdb.com/title/tt6166392/?re...

The story will focus specifically on a young Willy Wonka and how he met the Oompa-Loompas on one of his earliest adventures.

Not a remake! A re-imagining!

TRAILER

FURTHER INFORMATION

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Willy Wonka.... hahahahh the name alone makes me laugh. We Greeks too make games with words many times

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos lol then you have never heard of Roald Dahl the writer? Willy Wonka is just one of his many creations.

www.roalddahl.com/roald-dahl/cha...

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak watched some of the old films, i didn't liked J. Depp. I missed that. The books no, never read

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Nasos Forget the films; they don't represent the whole landscape of an imagined life a writer with talent can create. The books are the original source. They are amazing. At any age.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak A prequel is a great idea and, for me, I have always wondered where the elevator goes.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Wander I agree! I am excited about this film. I hope it lives up to what I've imagined! lol

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Unfortunately, the Tim Burton version made Willy Wonka look like a paedophile partially by the use of prosthetics and make-up that forced Johnny Depp to become expressionless and have a plasticised everything. Burton didn't capture the essence of the story, which, you are correct, is fully of double meanings (even the book). It's quite a wonderful book. Adults should read it. Since this next film isn't seeking to replicate or adapt anything, it should be a stand alone and have it's own merits in interpreting exactly how Wonka came to be. Timothée Chalamet has the same playful look that Gene Wilder had. Gene Wilder was a one of a kind himself. He was was irreverent, sarcastic and classy all in one. He was ahead of his time. He made the first Willy Wonka film the success it was. Full of crazy and full of heart; an excellent combination.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,708 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series