This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,696 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

Why the delayed tv series episode update releases? (1430 views, 24 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I've noticed lately that links to series updates on here have been dragging a day behind tv viewing before they are added.
Why is that?
Tonight, for example,I watched Rosanne...though I didn't get a popup on it...which was decidedly weird, since I'm accustomed to getting at least 2 of them on each subscription.anyway, it was in the main update list,buried below a lot of other NOT updated shows, and details said it was updated a day ago.
I've noticed that updates of my subcripts often are not listed until the morning after they are released on network. Why the unaccustomed delay?

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Episodes being added by our moderators. <br> Rosanne. - I can't find this show on the site.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)
+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 i liked your comment~ <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil i disliked your comment...

master
Report comment
(5y)

I'll try to be clearer, since my original question is unanswered---sorry about the misspelling of Roseanne. <br> <br> It appears that links to new tv episodes, released in late prime time slots, are not posted soon after they are shown that same night. They are listed several hours later the next day. <br> My observation about "Roseanne" was that the most recent update of that show didn't post on TM until the day after it was shown on network. <br> When it finally did show up on TM's update list, in parentheses it was noted that it was released 23 hours earlier, but it certainly was not on TM until the next day. <br> I was just wondering if there was a problem for the linkers that it took so long to show up on TM. This isn't the first instance of a show update not appearing until the day after its release. I wondered if there was a problem or if this is commonplace for late night new episode releases. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine liked your comment

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine I too find this frustrating. I'm often scrambling to find what I'm looking for after an hour or so. I think we were just spoiled rotten from where we came.😊

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

I record my own shows for upload... but I am unable to add them because its "mods only" site.... <br> I can add my links but they have to add them first...

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@YKJack OIC. And if they don't get around to it in a timely manner, then you can't post yours. I got it. Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't know the setup on here. :)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Just a thought, But maybe when a show is released, and we know how many episodes there are going to be in a season, all of the episodes could be added at once so that the template is there. Then the links could be added immediately as soon as they are released / aired. <br> <br> Would also save the moderators having to add each episode manually after it airs, and people could subscribe to upcoming episodes so that they are notified as soon as a new episode is uploaded.

+2

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ We did it. Yes and some linkers started adding WRONG links to upcoming episodes. That's not a solution.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Just disable upload capabilities for those who keep uploading wrong links - they would soon be more careful. Or maybe give like a 24 hour uploading ban for those who do it.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ What about new episodes notification? Notify only when links available?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes so When a link is added it notifies the subscribers.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I'm not sure what a good answer to this problem is but I know I wouldn't want to get notified every time an older episode in previous seasons gets added-only current seasons. Not sure that is helpful but you are still Awesome

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes I'm with Teeny I wouldn't want a notification every time a link is added to episodes. Isn't there a way to automate the episodes being added so that the linkers don't have to wait for the mods to add them?

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks My feeling was you would get notified only when a link is first added to a new episode. That would probably be the best way IMO

Report comment
(5y)

@Horror⚰️ That would be great if it could be set up that way smiley. I know with movies we get a notification for every link that is added though so I was just thinking it would be the same but I hope not bc that would work perfectly.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

to me i have roseanne in my watch list and i only have up to episode 3 in season 10. they just finished the season so i thought there would be more there. i was wondering what was up. i also watch drag race on here and it seems a few days behind from air date as well. its not the end of the world but i do see how some are updated instantly and others takes a while if at all.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Makichan84 There are two Roseanne tv shows on here one from 1988 and one from 2018. The 1988 one has the first 3 new eps and the 2018 one has the rest. Why?? I have no idea lol. Here is the link for the 2018 one dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Roseanne_201....

Moderator notice from Melted~Dre... (5y)
+3

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks ah thank you....that confused me lol.

God
Report comment
(5y)

I understand everyone's point of view, but i couldn't help but snigger after reading all those new post. Everything on this site is free to use. smiley

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@ PureVodka, <br> <br> Hi ,Very true :) But one thing I am missing is why on certain only <br> files like 60 min is only shown if you Subscribe for last aired date to be shown? Also a few other's do this, but not too many. <br> <br> Otherwise I see only 2017 stuff? So if I go today for last Sunday's EP all about Google owns the planet or wants too! I can't see it? That EP <br> is not showing? <br> <br> Sorry I just don't understand :) I have a good idea why :) so don't answer if that is the case. :) Thanks for any help.

+5

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,696 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series