About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,650 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Waffle (839 views, 18 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

No not the sweet biscuit/cake. The running of the mouth without much thought. And the freedom to do so.
That readers is a waffle.
lets start with some posters that think the internet should be regulated. They start with google, saying that it only shows sites geared to some nefarious government control.
I do not know what your internet is like in America. Here I pay a monthly fee and can access any site anywhere in the world that allows free access. Even a lot of military sites allow you to look. Probably hoping you'll join. I'm way too old for that.
Adverts!
Now there is a scourge of all enjoyment. But. Really use full when your looking to buy something. So that's a 50/50 sort of thing.
The internet allows you to watch what you want when you want, If not change your server. They really are not all the same. There are a heap of rip of barstewards that charge more for much less.
Now that was a 'rant'.
There is a huge difference between a rant and a waffle. One thing they do have in common. you can ignore. And go read something more interesting. Like the book of words. Is that actually published yet? Oh Ye It's called a dictionary. There are heaps of them in every language you can think of.
Read more

+2

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 If all of the giant internet search engines show you only one side of the news...how long will it be before the other search engines are banned...like many conservatives have been banned on Youtube, and Twitter? You're ok with censorship? With only ONE point of view?

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe There is only one point of view. Your own. Question is, do others want to hear it?
Censorship? Really? I can access heaps of stuff, even Chinese. Trouble with China is it's a huge country with at least a dozen languages. I don't speak any of them.
Censorship, try the BBC. British Broadcasting Company.
Oosh. Think they might have invented it.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 55 million children are in school in America. If the schools all use google, which they will... Because google is a monopoly...that's your word for the day...the kids will get ONE point of view. And it doesn't matter what you access, if google is behind it. You're getting the same stuff too.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Ever worn tackity boots with the steel toe caps? The way you dislike google you might want a pair. Though the last time I seen a pair of them I was 10. "Seggs" don't count. Tackities were steel studs fashioned into the leather soles.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Had some when I was a kid. Keds and cowboy boots were all I ever wore.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I have no idea what 'Keds' or 'booys' are.
The steelies were banned, really did rip up the floors. They were really just for the ship building yards. But you could make a lot of sparks with them on concrete.
The silliness of fashion.
Never fails to amuse.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe You Tube, Twit ter. Isn't the name self explanatory?

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 It's only Youtube and Twiiter if you are a LIberal [ American politics.]

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Ah.. The ugly beast 'Politics'.
Poly (multiples) Ticks (Blood sucking little critters mostly in the insect families). Not restricted to America.

God
Report comment
(5y)

I loved your Waffle but I did have to say about your nugget of wisdom...Don't cross your eyes or they will get stuck that way! That was one of the first ones I ever heard...lol smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 My mum said something similar. "Don't make faces! The wind may change and it'll stay that way forever."
Ye ok mum. The things parents say?

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

"If you don't wash your hands, your arms will get soggy and fall off" That little nugget of wisdom was from my grand pa.

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Don't sit so close to the TV or you will go blind.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 That was true. Old tv's used a cathode ray tube. It fired a heap of electrons to excite the florescent chemicals coating the inside of the screen. Radiation in your home. Also teaches your eyes to have a fixed focal length. Not a good thing when crossing a road. Or driving.

Fairly sure that not washing your hands make your arms go soggy. Not going to chance it though.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Soggy arms would be gross

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Not to mention bendy. Try to imaging running with soggy arms. Could slap your own face! One phrase come to mind. 'Hight of stupidity'.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 LMAO trying to picture that. You could be like Stretch Armstrong, he was full of some weird jelly smiley

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Being an old school analyst / programmer I am a big supporter of logical thinking. Not religious myself but have read the bible, now try and apply logic to the bible for fun :)

Eve is always blamed for 'Original Sin' because she ate the apple. But until she ate the apple she had no 'knowledge of good and evil' and therefore no reason not to eat the apple.

Who were the first man and woman in the bible (we do not know, but not Adam and Eve)? When Adam and Eves son Cain is thrown out of the Garden for killing his brother he is given 'the mark of Cain' on his forehead so he would not be attacked by the 'others' and goes to live in a town.

Christians have issues with the idea of evolution because it does not fit with the bibles 7 days of creation. But God starts numbering the days of creation before he creates the Sun and Moon so why do we assume it is our idea of a day. I would find it reasonable to assume that if an eternal being is measuring days then a day to them might be a very long time to us.
Read more

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,650 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series