This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Pain and Glory (2019) Official Trailer (Antonio Banderas) (668 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Although I have already seen this "elsewhere" over a month ago and links are available, it would be nice to see it on TM.

The protagonist of "Pain and Glory" was at the decline of his career. The man involuntarily looks back into the past, and a stream of vivid memories falls upon him. He recalls such moments from his youth as tender feelings for his mother, love and separation, the search for happiness and success. All this leads the master of cinema to important thoughts about life and art, because this is the most important thing for him.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

IMDB: www.imdb.com/title/tt8291806/

Language: Spanish
Release Date: 4 October 2019 (USA)
Director: Pedro Almodóvar
Writer: Pedro Almodóvar
Stars: Antonio Banderas, Asier Etxeandia, Leonardo Sbaraglia

smiley

master
Report comment
(4y)

This is a fantastic movie. It is Almodovar's masterpiece; his best movie ever. Excellent cast, great plot, wonderful! 10 out of 5 stars..... smiley smiley

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

I caught this here in Spain and maybe on another day I would have enjoyed it but TBH it didn't engage me. It came across as too autobiographical and lacking the humour of other films of Almodovar.

Having said that, it has been chosen to represent Spain in Oscar 2020 for Best Foreign Language Film, pushing out Alejandro Amenábar’s historical drama While at War.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

★★★★★ smiley smiley

It's now available on TM to watch here:

Pain & Glory (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Pain_amp_Glory.... A film director reflects on the choices he's made in life as past and present come crashing down around him.

To those who enjoy - Happy viewing! smiley smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series