This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,695 reviews
122,387 films • 18,475 TV series

Obnoxious "Virus" ad (2917 views, 29 replies)

This topic has been closed.

Report comment
(7y)

Although I have AdblocPlus, my computer has been getting hijacked by one of those obnoxious "a virus has been detected on your computer blah blah blah" quite a bit lately. How does it get past AdblocPlus and how do I get rid of it without having to restart my computer? Thanks!

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@rriffrraff Download Malwarebytes to your computer. It'll get rid of the malware that has been injected into your computer system.

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@befoulmetalroosa Thank you befoulmetalroosa, I'll give that a try.

Report comment
(7y)

@befoulmetalroosa Point is: there is no computer problem. It's a hoax ad nauseum site.

Report comment
(7y)

First of all-its no different than your normal popup EXCEPT=the noise & flashing makes it hard to discern the proper place to click in order to close. I cannot recall the exact spot but am pretty sure: after finding what killed box inside screen, I could simply exit out like a normal window.

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@cnred No Dude. It takes over the computer. Malwarebytes is the best way. CCleaner also works well.

Report comment
(7y)

@cnred Sometimes! If you can't get off the page, just give it the 3 finger salute: Ctrl+Alt & Tap Delete. That will bring you to the "Task Manager" where you can open, find your browser & press "end process". You will have to restart you browser, but there'll be no necessity for restarting you computer 'specially pressing the power button -Ye Gad & little Catfishes!

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis 3 finger salute. smiley

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 I appreciate your reply, however, I am unable to view the presented image. <br> I have tried going to twomovies.us as the note under the image suggests & it sends me back to ....net in two different browsers. Tried refreshing to no avail. I am, alas, at a loss. <br> <br> Bet it's a real good one too! <br>

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 Yes, very good. I meant only to supplement your excellent graphical illustration which was, I believe urgently needed to be brought to light. <br> <br> The 3 finger salute (just another way) has been used for decades by computer techies, erstwhile for different purposes always however, Ctrl+Alt+Del. This will nowadays bring you to your well illustrated Window's "Task Manager". <br> <br> I am just learning the forums as a "newbie" @this site. I in earnest to shed light where I see darkness, although, in truth arrogance & pretension occasionally follow in my intentions. <br> <br> Forsooth -I know they do!

+1

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis To be clear: Ctrl+Alt+Delete="The 3 finger salute"

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis Ctrl+Alt+Delete*** I have known about this for years but it no longer works, that's why i did the forum post. ;)

Report comment
(7y)

@PureVodka🍺 I only know that it no longer triggers an automatic restart as in once did. <br> <br> I use it on my Win 8.1 OS laptop & it always brings me to the starter page where I can choose "Task Manager" or simple restart without the need to press the power button. <br> The later is not especially good for ones computer. There should be other options displayed there too... <br>

Report comment
(7y)

Think of it like a fake video player~clicking on the OBVIOUS spots is exactly what NOT to do... <br>

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@cnred Thanks cnred. I managed to hit the right spot once too...I did download Malwarebytes so hopefully I won't be getting those anymore.

+1

God
Report comment
(7y)

Im glad you posted this. I have had the same problem. I am downloading Malwarebytes. Thanks so much for the info

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(7y)

@Teeny💋 I bought the Malwarebytes Premium and have watched a few movies since then and it seems to be working for me.

+1

Report comment
(7y)

Its not a virus, just open your task manger and kill the browser process, no need to run scans or install cc cleaner, hopefully you use chrome which does not auto recover unless you chose too.. make sure auto recovery is disabled if you use other browsers so it doesn't open it back up again..You do not need cc cleaner, its just more junk to slow your computer down, but Malwarebytes is fine, I run it weekly and always comes up clean.. Try to stick to movie sites that have link options and use vidto.me link, no pop ups and clean. <br> The Geek!

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@TekSavy Thanks for the info, Malawarebytes Premium seems to be stopping the ad altogether.

Report comment
(7y)

@rriffrraff I believe the premium is worth the money in these cases. An excellent program altogether.

Report comment
(7y)

@TekSavy Excellent that "Malewarebytes"! -recommended by all the experts! <br> The best rule I find works is to be ready with the mouse to close any tab Immediately that I didn't especially want to open. There are other such useless tab openings too. Ready at the mouse!

God
Report comment
(7y)

Those are definitely annoying.

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(7y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Indeed, such is true! smiley

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis I'm a girl.

Report comment
(7y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Apologies, my lady!

Report comment
(7y)

@LordWeazelNobilis It's fine.

guru
Report comment
(7y)

first of all its bullsh*t task manager stop process on browser. dont listin to anything they say its a scam n if fall for it u should not own a computer never mind using questionable websites. yes and no about a virus u should be ok with half decent free virus checker. pop up blocker etc read the text on website its there for reason. Ano frustrating not this website hosts films etc relies on third party links which relies on ads etc etc make there money or at least cover there overheads. And malware/spyware usually just sending usage to them better selling details yourself make money for self yes can sorta be jacked accees stuff but if no one with no enemy's what worry about and if really paranoid just cover cam and or disable mic n camera but at no work delete the driver lol. <br> !!!! Dont pay anyone for anything online !!! <br> !! Dont do anything seriously illegal !! watching steams on internet etc is grey area but not long not making money nothing worry about. <br> !!! spyware is helpful to parents !!! monitor them but dont pull them up give game away unless really in trouble perfectly legal to track your employees or your children !!! read up on different types of intrusions and scams etc it not be a waste of time.

guru
Report comment
(7y)

as u all said quick way get task manger up if lots stuff not responding Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end the program it crashed on give it a minute if crashing bad if still not responding press three buttons again to restart computer.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I've found that clicking the Escape button while simultaneously clicking the X at the top of the offending fake virus ad works to get it gone so I can get back to what I was actually looking for. Don't really have to involve the task manager per se....

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,695 reviews • 122,387 films • 18,475 TV series