About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,911 reviews
122,486 films • 18,490 TV series

Links flooding (1709 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(8y)

Some users don't like to have 200+ of poor quality (cam) links for the same movie. If you have any ideas how to improve this please share.
1. We can just hide some % of links.
2. We can limit a number of links per user.
Ideas?

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(8y)

@Dr.Evil not sure what you mean but if you can explain it to me maybe i can help idk <br>

Report comment
(8y)

@Dr.Evil Enforce link ratings and those that get poor ratings get canned

Report comment
(8y)

@THEREDHOOD That's more than a wee bit extreme. I understand your suggestion (and believe I understand why you state it), but it certainly won't encourage and new uploads/uploaders and is a very subjective venture at best. No offense meant toward you, but I'd be against that. There's a middle ground somewhere that would be more suitable. All the best.

God
Report comment
(8y)

You just need to have a mod or two assigned to checking the upload. Obviously uploads that have the same extensions on them are the same CAM...so limit the links per site 2 two (ie, two Vodlocker, two Vidbull and so on...) unless they are are different upload. It's easiy checked by someone who's used to these extension. For really poor CAM's limit it to one per site. Just my experience, with poor quality. But you're always gonna get the whingers. They cannot help themselves. LOL

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(8y)

@ It is not as easy as you think. Users add about 500-1000 links every day. Restricting by host is a good idea.

+1

Report comment
(8y)

@Dr.Evil No it's not easy at all...hence the necessity of help in discerning these links etc. :)

master
Report comment
(8y)

Simple.... setup this rule. When it is cam quality only 2 links per user

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(8y)

@aris Why only Cam?

Report comment
(8y)

@Dr.Evil Links get taken down pretty quick when they are DVD or BR or even HD so more links mean more chances of the film staying vital in the system. With CAM if it's really good HD cam with good sound (let's be honest, there are people out there who know how to, and have produced such superior HD CAMS you can barely notice the difference between that and DVDrip)... but like I said, having a blanket rule, without thoughtful consideration and someone with the experience of viewing these things isn't going to encourage new traffic or uploaders of any quality. Uploaders LIKE competition, who's the best, and so on (most of them thrive on a challenge). If you can't use discrimination on this, you're probably shooting yourself and the site in the foot.

master
Report comment
(8y)

because after 2 monthes the same movie will be in HD So the cam quality it is useless

admin
Report comment
(7y)

Now every user can submit up to 50 links for one movie.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,911 reviews • 122,486 films • 18,490 TV series