351,278 users • 209,070 reviews
122,558 films • 18,496 TV series

Inclusivity (351 views, 27 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

Making sunday dinner at the care facility i worked at
I made a version of the swedish korv stroganoff
a collegue passed by the kitchen and said oh smells lovely to bad i cant eat it
off course you can i said, i used chicken sausage, shes a muslim, (not strict halal)
i made tofu version for the vegetarian and mixed to pure for patients with problems swallowing food
served with rice, there was second servings and no leftover food 😊
I miss work 😟

+6

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

In Greece we think calf/beef minced meat as the best. At home we usually cook spaghetti and minced meat recipes with this kind of minced meat. I think most of the Greeks do so, not really sure. Last years we also use "fake minced meat" made from eggplant so that we reduce the volume of red meat to only one meal, maybe, every week. We use small parts from eggplants which are very healthy as food.

I noticed since the financial crisis stroke, minced meat is offered with pork or lamb. Since then I also noticed that chicken gyros, suvlaki etc is offered rarely in the fast food spots here. Asked why and they told me that the efficient meat, left after grill is less and carries less profit.

What is the standard for minced meat in Sweden? For example if u join a butcher's store and order for minced meat, what this would be? In some Arabic countries for example this would be lamb. In other countries of the balkans minced meat is mixture of pork beef etc.

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos da222m I feel hungry now . Mercy, send me some stroganoff right now!

+2

@Nasos we dont have many butchers here, most supermarkets supply minced meat at good prices, butchers are now rare, i can buy beef, pork, 50/50,
chicken are getting more common,
lamb, turkey n calf are not as common, pricier

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ I fear butchers will disappear slowly here too, as new era commands, sadly. To reveal what I done after i logged off earlier: We had for dinner dried chickpeas. I added a big pork sausage. Bread once told me to take the intestine cover off before bake and so i done this , baked 8 mins in high temp in microwave and 1 min together with the chickpeas...I deserve a biiiig punishment ahhahahahhahhahha

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

In Canada all grocery stores have a butcher behind the meat isle during they day. The most common "minced" meat is beef, but the butcher will mince, or slice, or dice or cube, etc, any meat you wish. We also have deli counters that will do the same with whatever you chose to purchase, including cheeses.

+4

Hide 6 replies...

@michael59 our bigger supermarkets have a "chark" but they are not butchers

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@michael59 Is beef/calf meat cheaper in the Americas? Here it became more expensive. and I think perhaps in the whole of Europe.

When u say "beef" u mean calf meat? Here it means calf meat 99%.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos Beef is cow meat we call it hamburger. We call calf meat veal. Yes it is more expensive now. I used to be able to purchase about 6lbs of hamburger meat at Costco for about $18. Now, since Covid, the same amount costs around $35 or $40.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@michael59 thnx
@

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@michael59 Im from Canada also and we have a butcher down the road from us.Beef mince is $6.50 per Lb eggs 2.00 for 12.I hunt every fall and we always take 1 deer and that last thru fall-summer.I pay $60 for him to butcher and clean my deer.michael59 you tried deer meat before?

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Dubbz187em A few times, yes. I haven't had any in years.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Lamb is very good, used in lots of different ways through eastern Europe and the middle east.
And in NZ, we have about 6 sheep for every human.

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless I love it. Once I was living in a place that had an Arabian butcher's store and i was getting their products. That particular store had a person cutting the meat with two big sword-like knives. It was a great show to order minced meat hahahahha. In Greece typically we eat lamb and young goat meat in Easter Pasha festivities. The rest of the year there are regions that like to regularly consume lamb meat. They are in the center and south of continental GR.

I found lately that there is a big misunderstanding about the quality of the meat and it's not that harmful as they say. A lot of our lamb and goat meat here contains even omega fats as the products of our land close with the sea. Their milk too. I think it's over-consummation that harms not the quality of red meat (i mean it's contents)

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos I remember the spicy lamb kebabs in Greece, nice!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless smiley smiley smiley
THAT
explains
A LOT!

Report comment
(1y)

@Adrian∞
There used to be more animals and fewer people.
In the 1980s we had 20 sheep and 10 cows for every human.
But very few pigs.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Dammit! just canceled the flight

Report comment
(1y)

@Adrian∞ You could meet the perfect one.. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)

Beef will probably get even more expensive in the states after the big Barn Fire in Tx that just killed 20,000 head of cattle.

+1

Hide 1 reply...

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Only at first sight it is a bit hard to find a bridge to the title "inclusivity"...
Isnt saving someone`s life the maximum form of inclusivity (somehow?)
Let`s assume the clip is real...
I think it captures something very essential

oh, the best use of cuffs of course is consensual...but thats another essential smiley

Hide 1 reply...

@Adrian∞ i remember seeing this (a bit sus about the uniform)
but there are certainly lots of real videos of unexpected heroes smiley

+1

master

this is the most beautiful advert i ever seen
it always touch my heart 🥰

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@🤸🏻‍♀️Suisen🤸🏻‍♀️ raaaaaaah-bääää-hähä-hähä
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
I am so SENSITIVE today...

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Adrian∞ I am so happy some ppl find this amazing!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos smiley smiley smiley smiley shhh... we Germans arent exactly famous for it, but most have a big heart!!! smiley smiley

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,070 reviews • 122,558 films • 18,496 TV series