This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,391 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

From Book To Screen - The Big Door Prize BY M O Walsh. [AppleTV] (180 views, 10 replies)

senior master

senior master
Report comment
(12mo)

+2

guru
Report comment
(12mo)

I have not read the book but I am enjoying the series, so far. The concept is original, it makes you think. I am a big fan of Chris O'Dowd and I do not understand how his name is not on the cast list here.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(12mo)

@Wander On the IMDB cast his name appears well down the list [SPOILER]..

That may explain something.

I don't think I would want to know anything from a machine at this stage of life.

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@..box.. It's up to 4 now.

Neither yourself, nor Wander may realise... IMDB is user generated information and can and will change.

When I go to post movies and series here, quite often pertinent information is missing and so I have to use my IMDB account to ask them to add things (generally) so that we can have the viewing here (the system here works off of specific criteria).

In any case, IMDB, relies on user input to a certain extent.

+1

guru
Report comment
(11mo)

I see that on IMDB. So strange to have the lead character listed so far down. At my age, I would never try that machine either. Unless the answer was BEST RETIREMENT or WORLD TRAVELER I would not be interested.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Wander They do that a lot. My understanding is that the top billed stars sometimes want it that way.

He IS on the obvious part of the list.

Report comment
(11mo)

@DontSpeak I have, on a few rare occasions, noticed a main character missing from the cast list here and I wondered why. This explains it, thanks. I guess I am used to the main characters getting top billing.

+2

Report comment
(11mo)

@Wander I totally agree! I felt baffled so a did some research around it. It's kind of dismaying/off-putting until you know. smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

Although I did read the book, I hadn't watched any of the series when I first posted.

Now, I have to remark that the best part of this series is casting Chris O'Dowd. He lends an affable credibility combined with cheeky sincerity. He's brilliant.

I'm not far in, but I do like it. My favourite bit, the bit that resonates with this hyper-externally-focused-self of today: "Why is everyone trying to change their lives overnight??"

The instant-gratification-takes-too-long human-kind of today probably doesn't even recognise it's dapple-ganger.

I'm going to watch all of it and review later. Thanks again, Box. I wouldn't have known about it.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@DontSpeak very interesting to know about IMDB.

I had a look at the first two episodes which is why this post is here. But I wasn't totally convinced. I am a big fan of Chris O'Dowd and here he has a modern day James "Jimmy" Stewart air about him. And I like the idea of the road less travelled but personally I have passed that phase.

I'll check out the next two episodes and see if I'm hooked or not.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,391 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series