This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,740 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Can't get free VPN to work, sh*t ! (737 views, 14 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Yeah, still cannot stay on pages of local newspaper, get caught. smiley --Free VPNS NOT working.--and the ones that want my debit card, i will not use.I get "Forbidden 404" and notices that DANGEROUS SITE; what the Hell going on?Also, is my computer refusing to use VPN?OR refusing to go on newspapers?Stupid "Eugene-Registerguard newspaper online" must have formidable security?Not worth subscribing to, only read it once inna blue moon. smiley

I think the problem VPNs face is worse, cause every commercial site demands that you put away yer adblock, and not use it,also they hate VPNS..I don't care about junking the ads,just getting and staying on verboten websites.My browsers are Waterfox and Avast Secure Browser cause i find the big-time free browsers have too much trouble to use.--BUT if you find that SOME BIG browsers are better, i would like to know.
Read more

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Block the site's ability to save cookies to your computer will solve your problem. Since you are using Waterfox, right-click on the page, select the "View Page Info" menu item. When the dialogue box opens up, navigate to the "Permissions" tab, scroll down to "Cookies". Deselect the check box for default action, and click the "Block" option box all the way to the right (third box). Now that website will no longer be able to save cookies to your computer and not block you for reading too many articles.

This works in any browser based on Firefox including Waterfox and Pale Moon.

I feel like this thread has been posted before.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

i have a paid vpn and i use a popup blocker if you look around there ase some good vpn's with a cheep lifetime one payment plan

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

this subject keeps coming up cuz nothing works on this newspaper.if you don't let them have cookies they won't let you see the site too.--most sites do that, no cookies no entrance to site.I can try that but those sites that just say"404 FORBIDDEN"AUTOMATICALLY THROW YOU OFF.--automatically blocked.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

this problem SPPOSIDLY gets solved as well as an old lady types.most sites won't let you om unless you take cookies.Eugene Register-guard newspaper has a big professional
lock on their site not the usual set up.but this problem with getting VPNS to work gets worse and worse.--not any better.i will try the advice thank you.(this newspaper is not worth subscribing.)

The problem with putting this sites ad or link on other sites to get new mnembers is this; i just get feedback that "its a lousy site" "no movies" "stop telling people about this awful site"and "You want real movies go to YOUTUBE." AND declarations of pain,remorse,boredom,disgust and asking me to take down our link or ad on those sites.

--I tried.--most reactions said" you idiot!!--please we knit here, and we hate this movie link==stop polluting the Web please."(w/more reactions "go on youtube for movies.") If I try any more friendly sites they will become NOT FRIENDLY.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Did you mean the registerguard website? If so, they use a third party to detect ad-blockers which then blocks you from using their web-site. They even put it right at the top of the html code, so it was easy to find. I didn't see any restrictions based on proxies, though.

Try adding the following line to your custom filter list:

tagan.adlightning.com/*

Prob ably don't need to bother blocking cookies, if that's the case.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

i use zenmate

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

thank you, zenmate--thank you, deiosa, great!!thanks very much, guys.-

-i'm gonna stay off computers for a while and just quit computers.Fabric.com won
t even let me buy fabric online.you have to have THE RIGHT BROWSER.--i am having to shop online,but they refuse "alternative browsers"they only want chrome or exavct java enabled firefox-or Internet Explorer.-i'm sick of warped technology that doesn;'t work,and i'm begin to hate all software and computer stuff.--it makes me sick .

why do i have to shop online?all the fabric stores in Oregon are all closing down-Joann's the only one.all our stores,businesses,that have been around for long time,are folding.GONE.

if this is a healthy economy,i'm Donald Duck.Even if you try to do shopping,all the stores except for huge big box stores,are closing.--gone.next thing you know,I'll have to go talk to China again,and consider buying straight from Alibaba the huge Chinese site.--and I hate the idea.WHY??
Read more

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 we only finished paying you lot for the delayed help in ww2 in 2008 i think, didnt enrich us , taxed us to fk to pay america

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

Hello, i think u should use a Virtual Machine, with a VPN program, this will solve the problems of cookies, cause its a new PC.

Hope this help someone =)

+4

God
Report comment
(4y)

ALL VPNs are limited. People THINK they are unlimited. hahahahahha they work in rotation. Use any VPN (paid or otherwise) too much and the finite number of IPs in the world WILL catch up with you.

My advice.

Be honest. VPNs are only for people/members who are looking to hide something.

Best of luck.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ Sometimes its just cause they cannot access some site cause of their gov or others.
VPN can unblock the "censured sites" on some nation :)

Not all the people who use a VPN or something want to hide ^.^

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@HD1080 Wanting to hide your true IP is in and of itself, wanting to hide something [for whatever reason].

It's a neutral assessment, and neither negative or positive in that regard.

Report comment
(4y)

@HD1080 I use one for geo restricted content like some youtube videos etc. Winscribe is OK but 15gb a month free, I also have zenmate added to my browser for geo restricted stuff and that works fine.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,740 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series