351,278 users • 208,799 reviews
122,428 films • 18,484 TV series

Attention (1815 views, 60 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Attention ALL members:

ALL derogatory personal remarks (inferred or named) about ANY Two-Movies members must be deleted from profile pages IMMEDIATELY or violator accounts will be subject to immediate suspension without warning.
Dr Evil and staff

P.S. Those users know what I'm talking about

+11

God
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks, Doc.

Immediate means immediate.

ANY derogatory comments about ANY member, whether inferred or direct, will be grounds for immediate suspension without warning.

In effect for 24 hours from now (and that's a grace period because signing up put all members under TOS agreement).

In 24 hours, suspension will begin without notification.

+6

God
Report comment
(5y)

Please use the "!" to report any member in violation of TOS on their profile to admin.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ To report a profile for TOS violations hate speech use the orange button under "More" on the left of the profile.

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

dosmovies.com/user/PseudoRogue/....
dosmovies.com/user/DevilWarCrys/....

Same ip address same browser. Having multiple accounts not allowed here.

+7

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Stalking on the internet is against TOS as well.

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/2MOOOB-Enquir....

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Since the user haven't replied to my messages but also started posting more crap on her wall, I banned these two accounts.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

ALL MEMBERS.

PLEASE READ .

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Should one find themselves often in a flood of drama, perhaps it's time to look inward not strike outward. smiley

God
Report comment
(5y)

All a members, please read.

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ and the B members? Go play in the corner.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Haha nice one. smiley

My typos are always good comedic relief.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ With all my lengthy comments, at this point, the only way to avoid innumerable spelling and grammer errors would be to write in a word processor program in a very intentional way, then copy and paste it as an entry.

That is not very dynamic and very cumbersome. The alternatives are make very pithy and obscure posts or make very simple comments.

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. Nobody puts B members in the corner! :)

+6

God
Report comment
(5y)

To report a profile for TOS violations hate speech use the orange button under "More" on the left of the profile.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ did you ask @delamitri if using her profile would be okay?
*reports you*smiley

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@uunboundd Duhhhhh, I knew she'd be cool with it, smart guy.

I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Lol

+4

God
Report comment
(5y)

REMINDER: 24 hours will have been met very soon.

"ALL derogatory personal remarks (inferred or named) about ANY Two-Movies members must be deleted from profile pages IMMEDIATELY or violator accounts will be subject to immediate suspension without warning.
Dr Evil and staff"

This thread/action was/is in no way about just one member.

We aren't all going to like each other. Use the blocks and go your own way.

Further TOS infractions in the form of derogatory innuendo or even outright naming on profiles (or anywhere on the chat) will suspend-able/banable offenses without warning.

Block the member, walk away from the member -- logging out to reply to the blocked member is reengaging the member who has been blocked is unacceptable and against TOS.

If any member is experiencing an issue that a "block and walk" cannot resolve, please notify any moderator. TOS violations will be dealt with accordingly.

It is against TOS/unacceptable to have ANY FORM of wall post hate speech, or to bring personal issues with other members into chat, or into any thread on the Forum.
Read more

+5

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ It is against TOS/unacceptable to have ANY FORM of wall post hate speech*

So people are limited to what they can post on there walls now?

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (spam) to any of TwoMovies users.

From TOS

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes i know, what about what we post on our (privert) walls.

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 You can write whatever you want on your wall if it's not against our TOS :) I think you wouldn't like if someone start posting offensive stuff in your address.
This site is a public place. TOS apply to the whole site.

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@

God
Report comment
(5y)

All members are advised to read the opening statement by Dr Evil at the beginning of this thread and act according to TOS on this site at all times.

Thank you.

+5

master
Report comment
(5y)

Everyone has developed by adulthood into a amalgam of desires and antipathies. We define our Self by these and then others tend to like or dislike others who are similar. That is the psychological basis for acquantances and friends and sadly as enemies.

This is a site that is about the enjoyment of film and television as artistic media. What a waste of time if instead it becomes about the polarization and namecalling and civil unrest within countries.

When that happens, then it's immense work for moderators, which already is a thankless job. Most people loathe beings mods as it's dealing with petty squables when they arrived to have fun in a healthy community.

This is why I do NOT do evangelism or try to enlighten anyone on the internet as if I do, then my opposites do, and nothing is more divisive in conversation than politics and religion. That is specifically why it's excluded from chat.

You can identify those aspects of your personality on your wall without disparaging others. In fact, in politics...that is called negative campaigning and is shrill and unwanted and attracts only other shrill unhealthy people.
Read more

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare "I do not have to pull others down...to raise myself up." I like to use that analogy when talking abput America!

God
Report comment
(5y)

I've written a lot of posts. In the heat of battle, it's POSSIBLE that I have called someone a name...LOL! If I can't find it, and the Mods do, will you please delete it for me? Thank you! It was only done in the spirit of "So are you!"

+1

Hide 5 replies...

@bondojoe Nope, I think they are speaking of things that are derogatory towards other members (that you are able to change) on your profile & not bad mouth others on chat/forum threads etc... so you should be fine smiley

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 Thanks Mouse! I hope that I am. I have posted so many things that there is no way I could check them all. I won't call anyone a name again...unless I REALLY mean it! LOL! It is a much nicer place when there's none of that! I think that the haters will eventually go away...or be banned, because....haters gotta hate!

+1

@bondojoe Yeah, I'm with you on that. And you are welcome smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Exactly, Joe.

I checked you first, by the way... smiley smiley

... Just messing! (But you already know that 💜)

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ I appreciate your dedication to your job...and your scrutiny of me!

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Just so I'm clear on this, this is an attempt to ban harassment site wide, not just profile pages like first stated? Let's be honest, who cares what's on who's profile page. Seems kind of stalkerish to even bother to look at someone else's. IDK, maybe that's just me. Even on FB, I'm not going to look at some randos page so, I wouldn't care what was on it. I guess my question is....why limit it to profile pages? Was there an issue I missed out of context?

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee Yes, it is.

No, you didn't.

There have been huge amounts of hate speech in many different forms.

This is a site for fun.

Let's all work to keep that our number one priority when we're here.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@ OK, thanks for the clarification. It just seemed oddly specific.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee If you read the initial post, it isn't specific at all, and that is the intent of the thread for ALL members on the site.

The confusion may lie in the fact that in checking various IPs of many members who have been involved in TOS violations on the site, it was discovered through comparative research (which was only done in response to ongoing infractions), there were identical IPs for the member for two accounts, which is not allowed.

This discovery was dealt with as inquiry in the same thread in that respect, but the first post by Dr Evil is the catalyst.

I hope that helps.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@ Specific in that it just mentions profile pages. Nowhere does it say anything about forum posts or, other comments anywhere else on the site. Implied or not. That is why I asked.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Someone makes an insightful comment on the forum or as a television or film comment. Then people click on his/her avatar. Then may read what they say abut other tv shows or film or in the forum.

That is not unusual for social media. The whole reason there are interests seperated by commas is to allow meeting new people.

Why would you put hate speech on your wall anyway? It's weird.

That said, what is hate speech? If it is too generic then it is extremely difficult to define.

Typically hate speech disparages whole groups of people as being some perjorative. That's usually dumb. Instead people reveal the dumb act of a group and ridicule that stupidity not attack the people.

Obamacare is stupid and was supposed to cost as much as a cell phone bill. To ridicule that is not hate speech. To ridicule an ethnic group that uses Obamacare is hate speech.

You have to be careful as if a white person murders a black person that is automatically considered a hate crime.

Read more

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I bet there's going to be some thrashing out of this anti-hate process. As you said...it's a matter of persective.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe You have to define "hate speech". It has to be understandable. It has to be balanced.

If not, then there is no "frame of reference" and so miscommunications will always occur.

Some have immunity or far less responsibility. Others are penalized just by existing. Some are enemies and targets of legitimized bigotry.

One is not guilty by virtue of having a XY chromosome.

One's skin color is an amalgam of various ethnic ancestors.

Race does not exist as a biological attribute. It is a human construct. Talk to a biologist.

One cannot be a racist if logically race does not exist.

One can be bigoted if one applies a bizarre inferiority to ANY group based on ethnicity, spirituality, political beliefs, sexual expression, who one sleeps with within the law, etc.

The height of stupidity and absurdity is electing that some bigotry is permissible to push down "white people" to raise "those of color". That is illogical. That is like penalizing the children of murderers.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare "It takes enlightened people using decorum and collegiality and DISCIPLINE to inquire about beliefs without mocking the Other.".. I don't amways scucceed at that...I can't expect others to on a regualr basis. We're all fallible. Sometimes I DESIRE to mock someone.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe If one claims allegiance to Christianity, then Biblically one cannot judge their brother or sister who believes as well (scrutinize the passages on condemnation and judging versus spiritual exhortation and discipline). Unbelievers frequently misquote the Bible, nor have read the Hebrew and Greek original meaning.

In any case...in my opinion, it is nigh impossible to foist Christianity on others due to free will.

Whatever I believe or disbelieve is internal. I cannot expect others to adopt the same as we cannot have a genuine conversation of nonverbal communication plus the delivery which imparts as much meaning as the content.

If I mock others, I attack YHWH's creation. That is sin(error). If I mock beliefs based on emotional appeals that is an appeal to ridicule and bad form and rude. If I logically inquire founded upon mutual automatic respect...heck if we all do, we sow PEACE.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I agree...but I AM sometimes a sinner. Sometimes I take the weak way. Some people affect me that way. My fault.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I can only fix my own errors. I have no control over others due to free will. What would be the point in pointing out the flaws of others when I am flawed???

This means derogatory personal remarks are illogical and useless. They are designed to ridicule the person and unenlightened. They do not empower them but disempower them by shame and disempower the insulter as a toad.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

There are whole paragraphs on walls in a single symbol. What does that mean? How would one know?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare smiley

You may never know...

master
Report comment
(5y)

It would literally take a hundred hours to detail the open bigotry against me since I arrived.

But I fully plan to describe it in excruciating detail.

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare A comic book, then Marvel, later the Avengers and lastly , a plastic MacDonald's toy for the Happy Meals. Your road to fame is long and winding, that leads to your door.

Maybe do a crossover from Star Wars.

Go inside and lock door- you can never be too careful.

Can I be in the encyclopedia of 2M .... pretty please?

Night AH

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Excruciating Detail: "That people formed a daggum trail of dislike for you from the gitgo because you antagonize, disrupt and taunt ppl to "do your worst"... while slinging the name of Jeeezus?"

*Hmmm... Just checking.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) I am happy to discuss Christianity, Yeshua ha Mashiach, and grace and salvation. Maybe it could save your soul? Maybe not if you commited Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I wouldn't listen to a minute of your trash in any of your judgmental and utterly mental disguises. Pound your opinions dude and ride 'em hard.

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Oh, so you ignore anything that doesn't fit your rigid limited knowledge. Now that seems foolish and unscientific.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Why would you call anyone here “foolish and unscientific”?

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Rigid people believed the Earth was flat in spite of sufficient clear evidence it wasn't.

Report comment
(5y)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,799 reviews • 122,428 films • 18,484 TV series