This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,697 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

Perfume (Netflix Series) (1026 views, 25 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

This is one of the best series I've seen in a while! It is a German series that has a dubbed version in English for those of you who don't like to read subtitles. I requested this series today so hopefully, we will have it soon. It is a Thriller/Mystery with exceptional actors and storyline. When we get this one definitely give it a watch, I was really impressed with it. smiley

+6

God
Report comment
(5y)

This is a MUST see series!!! smiley

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Agreed.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Started this on your recommendation Teeny and I have to say, the first episode shows a lot of promise. Will keep you informed. Thanks

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I give this a 7/10 interesting to the point, I just needed to see how it ended.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. I am so glad that you are liking it. Let me know what you think when you've finished it.

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Thanks Teeny!...will give it a go!...Hope you are well & All the best fae Scotland for the New Year!!... smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Ta very much, Teeny. I'll check it out. :)

www.imdb.com/title/tt6811236/

"Based on motives by the global best-seller of the same name by Patrick Suskind, the Perfume series shifts the action to the modern day and uses the book's idea of manipulating people through scent as a springing-off point. A young profiler investigating a series of brutal murders traces events back to a small cadre of boys at a boarding school who experimented with manipulating people using human scents."

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@ Why would "someone" reply to my forum if it only comes up, comment is hidden. That is really ridiculous in my opinion

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I hate to say,in Oregon people almost attack you for wearing scent because all the GREENIES HERE scream and get hystericaly paranoid over any PERFUME.--A good reason not to visit or live here,you can't go ANYWHERE out of your house without being blamed for activating everyone's asthma!

Its that modern theory of "I'm allergic to EVERYTHING,I'M blaming you for destroying my immune system!"If they catch the mirest whiff of roses,screaming & attacking you is seen as "their right!"Forget a whole valley of grass-seed burning, tons of SMOG,a whole valley's air of vehicle-exhaust in your face!

NO, ITS GOTTA BE PERFUME that's killing me!---YOUR PERFUME.RICH GREENIES in the Willamette Valley don't mind vehicle exhaust,BUT PERFUME?CHIMPANZEES don't wear perfume, why should we~? smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Does everyone also b**ch about vapor smokers make their asthma worse? My son is asthmatic and lives with me and my husband and we all 3 vape...lol Around here there are a lot of people screaming I'm allergic to VG or PG. Sorry to hear about the Perfume issue that really sucks!!

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 'round where I live, there are some ppl I wish would wear perfume...

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

I finished this series last night and OMG it was GREAT! They do quote the Book/Movie Perfume. I loved the story and all the actors in this one. This is also one where you are trying to guess who's the killer until the very end. My husband and I would both have a different opinion of who it was on each episode...we were both wrong. I hope this added soon, I know a lot of you here will love it as well smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 It added just around after you made the post, which was great.

It is a slow burner but i love those when it comes to the "murder mystery", thoroughly enjoyed it through and through.

That ending, is another topic to talk about.. [SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT I don't know if I would have or not??[SPOILER]

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I enjoyed the book, and also the stunning film. Can't wait to see what they've done with this series version. Thanks for links!

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@YgraineDance I haven't read the book but is on my list to read now

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 The main character is a remarkable individual, with a fantastic "gift". There is black humor in the tale, too. I think you'll like it:-)

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I'll watch it. Thanks for the recommendation Teeny, I always look for your reviews even though I do not like horror movies all that much. I love the book by Suskind so this should be very interesting.

+1

God

There's a movie by the same name on here that I watched in the last year or so. It was pretty weird, but I really liked it.

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is a 1985 literary historical fantasy novel by German writer Patrick Süskind.

Then in 2006 they made a wonderful film with Hoffman and Ben Whitshaw dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Perfume_The_St.... . This film is much more detailed in the buildup and execution of the story.

Now this series is loosely based on the abstraction of the perfume and its uses and abuses as told in the book but that is just a part of the story here.

+1

@..box.. Okay and yeah, that's the movie I was talking about. Have you seen it? I don't want to say too much, but the end was crazy.

I hadn't seen the 2006 movie you mentioned. The title and the Way this series was described I instantly thought about that movie, but wasn't sure if it was related in any way. Thanks for all the info on this. I think I'm going to have to check it out.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ I've seen the movie as well. The series is different but they use the book in the series, I know that isn't explaining much but I don't want to spoil the series for you if you watch it.
BTW..I saw a good found footage movie this week, check out Exhibit A
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Exhibit_A....

@Teeny💋 Im weird when it comes to tv show/series so i don't know if I'll be able to get into it or not. There's only one way to find out, i guess.

And I watched that ff movie a long time ago on here. It was so good. Thank for looking out for me.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@◦•●◉✿♡Momof3αηgєℓѕ♡✿◉●•◦ yeah it's unique and weird though i like it.Absolutely stunning.

@Sultan90 I still haven't checked it out yet, but I plan too. I've seen a few say they liked it and hadn't really seen anything negative. Granted, I wasn't exactly looking for it either.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,697 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series