About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,379 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

InfoTiger (221 views, 4 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

Most will pass this wordy wall of text essay by, or just scan it to see what the point of it is. That's fine. The point of it is to simply share our info.

As we all know, there are only a tiny handful of actual search engines left on the clear net. That's pretty sad. Bye-bye to democratized independent search engines.

Search engines are the doorway to what's out there. If you don't have the address to where you're going memorized, then search is a portal in the Information Age. Today ignorance is pretty much a choice, but we must be careful about where we try to lift the veils of our collective ignorance.

None of the Big Tech search engines are safe. None. They bubble, track, up-rank, down-rank, eliminate, promote, serve ads & just outright censor search results as they data-mine, data-mine, data-mine, collate & sell private individual data. None of them can be trusted to provide the full picture of the landscape of the internet & 100% of the information to be found. None. Through their actions or inactions, they have demonstrated that they are not to be trusted.
Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

Unlike DDG, Brave, Scroogle, StartPage, etc etc etc, it's NOT a front-end.
It's a TRUE search engine. That means it has it's OWN BOTS and they have no need or desire to use other bots by partnering with Big Tech.

That's it. That's all we've found of truly non-profit motivated independent search providers.

One can also try older retro-styled parallel searches such as Gigablast & Beaucoup, but many will complain of their need to update their interfaces.

InfoTiger isn't a replacement. Yet. It's too new. It's an Option. Which is nice in a technical landscape where Options are being removed every day. But it will die or evolve. It is truly independent though, so we're sharing it with you with the hope that it & any other search pages get better & evolve into daily replacements for Big Tech search or any of their front-ends.
Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

switched in metager - as suggested by u - last month, in some systems of mine. Nice post! will try that too. Keep postin'
smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@Nasos Hey Nasos... was thinking about your dad. No idea if you use phones, pc or other device mostly, but if you use touchscreen type devices, you can visit the store and search for binaural programs & find lots of things. We're a pc family, but had someone look into it & they found several binaural programs that they liked a lot.

If this is the case, I hope you have good fortune using these types of programs with your dad. Binaural in particular is best used with headphones... but can be perfectly dandy played over open speakers.

Best wishes (。◝‿◜。)

+1

Report comment
(10mo)

@Ennui-Inferno thank you

+1

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series