This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,919 reviews
122,494 films • 18,490 TV series

Charmed 2018 reboot (892 views, 8 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

+4

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I guess when I read "reboot" anymore, I think the cast coming back to move on with the story. Technically this IS a reboot but when I think reboot I think Will & Grace, Roseanne (until ABC which now stands for Always Be Careful because if you're a comedienne & you're not well versed in political figures you probably shouldn't take shots at people you have no idea who you're trying to be funny about!) Never been a fan of Roseanne, wasn't a fan of the show, but I am OVER the PC world we live in. If you're going to be rigidly PC to the point of being frigid you need to go after everyone & anyone on your network that has said equally UN-PC you just can't pick & choose who to publically call out and fire!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@darose16 Reboot always has and always will mean going back to the beginning to tell it a different way. Spiderman reboots always go back to the beginning and retell the story, Power Rangers reboot did the same. If it's the same cast, carrying on from where they left off it's simply a continuation. <br> <br> As for the rant about Roseanne, I have no real opinion about what she did specifically but there are a lot of ways to take the piss outta someone without dragging their gender/race/sexuality/disabilities into it and if you're having to resort to using these aspects in an attempt to be funny, you're nowhere near as funny or as clever as you think you are. <br> <br> It has nothing to do with being PC and everything to do with basic f**king respect.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Ugh! Just Ugh!

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael Oh sweet jesus, they turned Charmed into Pretty Little Liars meets Riverdale.....Generation Z teenage angst drama with on screen text messages... /wrists <br> <br> They should have recast the original actors and rebooted ala Will & Grace/Rosanne, there are enough teenage dramas to watch for a lifetime!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Chaosx I'm not sure why you @ me nor am I sure about your "/wrist". <br> <br> From the looks of the preview trailer, yeah they made it a highschool crap show that the only thing it has in common with the original is that there are 3 females who live in a house similar to the old halliwell house, with magical powers who got them back when their mother tragically dies. <br> <br> To be perfectly honest, from the trailer, this is a "Charmed" for anyone except the original Charmed fans.

Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael Sorry meant to reply to the thread, not directly to you :D <br> As for /wrists, it's a meme used to show discontent, as in I share your disgust lol.

Report comment
(5y)

@Chaosx I see. It's a rather unsettling text speak "meme" but to each their own.

Report comment
(5y)

@Azishael It wasn't directed at you or anyone else, so no need to get your knickers in a knot ;) If you are really that perplexed by it, a simple Google search may enlighten you.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,919 reviews • 122,494 films • 18,490 TV series