This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,922 reviews
122,504 films • 18,490 TV series

'Mr Bates vs the Post Office' finally stirs up the UK justice system (143 views, 10 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(3mo)

dosmovies.com/film/Mr_Bates_vs_t...

This doco shamed the UK politicians to investigate “one of the greatest miscarriages of justice in our nation’s history” (Rishi Sunak, UK Prime Minister) and rush through pardoning and compensation legislation for a 25-year cover-up.

An interesting summary shows the power of the media:

+5

senior master
Report comment
(3mo)

The activities of UK Post Office and Fujitsu are exposed; a real eye-opener.

+4

master
Report comment
(3mo)

Whut-the-actual-fuk!! How is it justice cannot be SEEN or SERVED in this lying era of bullsh*t in which we presently find ourselves? smiley smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(3mo)

@(⌐■_■) I never thought it was possible. Thet is how they got away with it for so long.
I want to see some PO managers in court on perjury charges.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1wk)
(edited)

For those watching this scandal unfold, the enquiry is slowly getting to the top managers.
Watch Angela vd Bogerd lying, obfuscating and shifting blame.
And from 1:55:00 see her get skewered and grilled by a lawyer acting for one victim!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWR4SEQ...

(for some reason the Youtube share link won't copy)

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1wk)

@Buttless Its probably because the duration of the video currently stands at 5 hours and 20 minutes. Holy crap!!!! Thats 5 hours too long for me smiley

Report comment
(1wk)

WTF???????????? I have seen some monstrous miscarriages of justice in my time but this certainly takes the cake.

Then again, when was the last time that any institution carrying the Royal stamp or having a formal association with it, ever was held accountable for anything?

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd That is the problem.
'Royal Mail' was a trusted organisation, postmasters were Justices of the Peace, it was a government department not a profit-making enterprise.
Then it became a company, run by incompetent managers motivated by bonuses.
Now it is the biggest scandal in British corporate history.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1wk)

Thanks Butt for the link. I had missed this testimony.

I have been following this since the ITV drama series via the British media and phone-ins where the victims and families of victims of this corporate corruption and greed have voiced their stories.

Shocking.

The Post Office legal come under scrutiny in the next few weeks, and Paula Vennells - former Group Chief Executive Officer of Post Office Ltd will be answering questions for THREE DAYS (MAY 22, 23, 24).

More squirming I fear.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1wk)

@..box.. Hi Box, and begorrah!
The movie told the story from Alan Bates' point of view but the enquiry (thank goodness it is televised) is the real thing. What a heartless b1tch vd Bogord is. See the results on that poor Indian SPM and the widow of the one who ended it under a bus.
I am looking forward to Venell's appearance, what will she say ?

Report comment
(1wk)

@Buttless She'll probably have a very selective memory and try to throw everyone under the bus

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,922 reviews • 122,504 films • 18,490 TV series