This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,270 reviews
122,610 films • 18,501 TV series

Game of Thrones (1318 views, 20 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley GAME OF THRONES Season 8 Trailer (2019) smiley

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A The eighth and final season of the fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones was announced by HBO in July 2016 Unlike the first six seasons that each had ten episodes and the seventh that had seven episodes,Game of Thrones official trailer the eighth season will have only six episodes. Like the previous season, it will largely consist of original content not found currently in George R.Game of Thrones Season 8 R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, and will instead adapt material Martin has revealed to showrunners about the upcoming novels in the series, The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. The seventh season of the fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones premiered on HBO on July 16, 2017, and concluded on August 27, 2017. Unlike previous seasons that consisted of ten episodes each, the seventh season consisted of only seven. Like the previous season, it largely consisted of original content not found in George R. ...
Read more

+1

senior guru

I am so torn over this.
It can't come soon enough, but at the same time I don't want it to because then it will all be over.
Plan is to binge it all again - and not for the first time - just before this starts.
Watch the final series.
And then probably cry.

+6

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I like to wait for all the episodes of the new season to be listed the binge them. My husband didn't even get into this show until last year. I binged all season's with him to get him caught up for last season. He loves it of coarse!
You know what I'm worried about in the next season is[SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 Same thing with my husband. He was a late comer to the show, too. I remember when he got to the end of Season 2 (with the mass of Wights on the move) he turned to me and said "I can't believe you've tricked me into watching a bloody Zombie show" LOL

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 me too, I felt so bad for her, she's my favorite character and John snow and his little sister. [SPOILER] :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe Me either, my mom bought them for me but I was going to wait to read them after the series ended. People have said there is a lot more to the story in the books

+1

@Teeny💋 I can usually wait about three episodes but then I give in. I have noticed that GOT seems to be one series where people are fairly respectful about posting spoilers on Facebook etc, but I have a feeling as this is the last series - so bound to be loads happening each episode - this may not be the case this time round. So as this is one show I absolutely do not want spoiled I may have to watch it as it airs. My Son has not watched it at all, constantly rips it out of me and two of his best friends who are obsessed, but I am trying to persuade him to watch my next binge with me. And then I, and his friends, can laugh when he becomes obsessed as well.

+1

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ And yes, I cried too. But I have a funny feeling that particular turn of events may yet work out in her favour.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I am glad I wasn't the only one. I told my husband I am going to close my eyes this time around if it looks like that is going to happen again.

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I am sure he would love it as everyone else. I myself didn't even start watching until season 5. I am one of those people who won't watch something just bc everyone else in the world is. But when I really started getting onto 2movies on a daily basis I started it and loved it. My husband does get mad and say thanks for getting me hooked on another one of your shows. But GOT is a show to be shared, if you don't have anyone to talk to about the episodes it will drive you crazy.

@Teeny💋 It was series four for me, for that same reason and as from what I heard it did not sound like the sort of thing I usually like. How wrong was I.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I will share a box of tissues with you then as I am just as excited and sad about the final season.
There is so much to one season plus so well done that it is re-watchable...
I was a late GOT viewer and I so I made a plan to have a Winter binge-fest with my hubby before the next and final season since he has yet to watch a single episode and I finally convinced him :D

I feel you 100%

Perhaps a GoT themed party? I know who I am going to be for Halloween this year! ;)

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

There are 2 great Youtube channels I like to watch during the agonising wait between Seasons!

Kevin GT - He does some great Rewind videos showing characters from their first scene through to their last - plus some fan-theories and more...

www.youtube.com/user/kevinGT835

Daemon Blackfyre 2.0 - Also does some The Fate Of videos, following characters from start to finish. There are also some fab Odd Couple videos - The Hound & Ayra, Ayra and Tywin, Jamie & Brienne etc.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCv2JXTU...

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Yeah, that's exactly how I've been getting my fix too. lol

It's been/is a long wait this time.

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Don't you think you can get a much greater understanding of the characters when you watch all their scenes in one sitting?

I then binge watch the entire show again...

Lather - Rise - Repeat lol

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Yes, I do think that because GoT has so many plots/story lines that you just can't take it all in in one sitting. So I really enjoy the setups they have available on youtube.

I have also been watching some so called leaked theories about season 8. I'm not like most people. Spoilers don't bother me. Besides, I'm old, by the time the show is out, I'll have forgotten what I heard. They say the mind is the first thing to go. lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 I don't like to overthink future episodes too much. I don't even watch trailers or clips for other shows. I even gave up reading the books after the show first aired as I didn't want to get too far ahead. Glad I didn't too, The Red Wedding was a thrill to watch.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

The last season was apparently the most that has ever been spent on any series EVER. And it showed. My gosh the CGI was flawless and they combined it with some amazing animatronics.

I love the books, too. I don't care about the differences because they are both so outstanding.

I cannot wait for the spin off which is a prequel series based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series.

Probably won't be till 2020, but personally, it gives me something to LIVE for. haha

Hide 1 reply...

@ I had not read the books, but as I had heard they are different I decided I would wait until it was over. Then last year one of the kids at work left a copy of the first one and I decided I would read that when I do sleep-shifts. Not much of a difference, but I had to stop reading when I realised that Jon Snow (who I fancy the pants off - and, lets not forget, also have seen naked and doing the 'deed') is FOURTEEN in the books. I felt dirty... lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Comparing a book to a movie is like comparing a video of someone eating a piece of fresh baked, hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream on the side to actually sitting down with the real thing and savoring every yummy delicious bite. GOT as a series is pretty good though.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,270 reviews • 122,610 films • 18,501 TV series