351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Windows 11 (444 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

When Microsoft said Windows 10 will be the last windows on your PC they didn't joke around.

Microsoft has drawn an arbitrary line and declared that PCs and laptops with processors from only a few years ago (even 2018) won't work with Windows 11. This is crazy and Microsoft should be ashamed of itself.

Windows 11 won't support Intel Core chips like the i3, i5, i7, etc that are older than the 8th generation or AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 processors before the 3xxx series. The Ryzen 3 3xxx only came out in 2019!

+1

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

This post is ill informed and flat out wrong. my media server is using a 4th geb (Haswell) I5 without a TPM module and it works fine.

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk I don't understand. The video is saying that very few PC's will be able to upgrade to windows 11.

Are you saying that you already have windows 11?

Report comment
(2y)

@michael59 Been a windows insider since its inception. i`m currently using Win11 on my media server and my main PC.

Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk Okay, does that mean you have some sort of in with upgrades? I ask because I am a person of limited means and I want to upgrade from my 10 year old used when I got it 10 years ago) desktop tower with xp software. Which is why I was researching when I came across this video. I have no clue how computers work or what is needed to run them.

If this video is wrong I am glad to hear it because I can only afford to do this purchase once and I need to know what I can get that is going to serve my purposes and last at least another 10 years.

Report comment
(2y)

@michael59 ebay or cdkeys a windows 7 key. you`ll then get a free update to 10. 11 is basically a skinned windows 10 anyway.

+1

expert
Report comment
(2y)

I love using operating systems created by Jeffery Epsteins friends.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@thedp What operating system do you use?

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series