This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,649 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

What film is this? (370 views, 14 replies)

This topic has been closed.

Report comment
(1y)

With "Dahmer" being so popular, I kept thinking about a film I once saw. It's about some brutal serial killer who becomes a born-again Christian. That's all I can remember, and I have googled it over and over again without finding anything that is the one I am thinking of. Anyone?

+2

master
Report comment
(1y)

Son of Sam?

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@🌞Suisen🌞 No, sorry.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Scorsese86 ok i dont really know others smiley
(but this one sounds interesting, i like Quaid, Last Rites, 1999)

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I know that CHRISTIAN HERBERT MAGEE aka The Slasher
claimed to be a born-again Christian, maybe it's a film about him? Also Ted Bundy claimed to have found God in an interview prior to his execution.

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Father Son Holy Gore
Overanalysing Pop Culture Since 2014 fathersonholygore.com/2022/09/27...

SERIAL KILLER BECAME A SON OF GOD! A MUST WATCH TESTIMONY! 43

DAHMER - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story | Official Trailer (Trailer 2) | Netflix

Geez, "Son of Sam" (David Berkowitz AND Jeffery Dahmer both became christians, I guess it's true what they say:"When ur in a 9 x 5 ft cell u realy can find God!"
as for your movie , if Berkowitz and Dahmer are born again Christians I don't see what serial killer or prisoner hasn't become a born-again; that's just kinda all you have to do in their besides getting your G.E.D...if you had a little bit more info we could prob find it! maybe an image? that is always a big helper!
Read more

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@ᚘ𝕺ƸᚰĦҜïᑻ⭍🌘 Son of Sam was shooting, whilst horrific, not brutal from serial killer standards.

Dahmer only became a Christian right before he was executed.

They kinda all do that, at some stage.

Henry Lee Lucas was actually known for both in tandem.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I'm pretty certain your talking about Henry Lee Lucas. He was renowned for both horrific killings AND becoming a born again Christian before any charges could be filed and then recanting the hundreds of people he led officials to [the remains of].

He was also known as the "Confession Killer", but this is also only speculation.

Lucas had details no one else could have known. He had three confirmed killings where he performed expert level dismemberment where nothing could be traced back to him.

The other killings that he confessed to leading all over the United States were identical.

He died shortly after he started recantting because they had no evidence apart from his confessions. Bush commuted his Death Sentence to a life sentence as a result.

There have been a lot of movies and documentaries on him.

Most recently this series dosmovies.com/tv/Wild_Crime (Season 2) is about him.

You also won't find the Christian-Serial killer connection with him because he was before all the mainstream killers that became Christians after after they were incarcerated.

Report comment
(1y)

Thanks. Turns out I was thinking about "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer".

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Scorsese86 Yep, that's the guy I was talking about (Henry Lee Lucas).

From the IMDB of the aforementioned film:

"Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" is a an exaggerated fabrication and extremely fictionalised. HLL took all his secrets with him to the grave.

If you watch the Wild Crime, it's devoted to him, and attempting to dispel all the myths.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Yeah. Once you wrote his name, I realized it was that movie. I read a bit about the real Henry after watching the film. Thanks a lot!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Scorsese86 You're welcome. The whole case is fascinating in a creepy, morbid, shocking way.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,649 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series