This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,695 reviews
122,387 films • 18,475 TV series

The Oscar 2023 Box - Nomination News. (189 views, 6 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Full list of nominations can be found ...

www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies...

THE 95TH ACADEMY AWARDS | 2023
Dolby Theatre at Ovation Hollywood
Sunday, March 12, 2023
Honoring movies released in 2022

+3

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

I just went through the list of nominations. To my horror, I realised I have only seen one movie from the entire list. Top Gun..... smiley smiley

I was amused though for Top Gun nominated for Best Picture. Are they serious here? Did they run out of movies to nominate in that category?

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@M3g4m1nd I think it got the nod for the flying sequences and because Tom Cruise (producer credit) is now of a certain age.

And of course Jennifer Connelly is in it. All her films deserve a best picture nomination at least. smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@..box.. You are probably right. The Academy seems hellbent these days to restore some of the wrongs of their past. After all, they have repeatedly ignored certain actors that deserved the golden statue several times in the past. Having said that, they should at least try to keep the pretenses. Cause when you put Top Gun next to Avatar, the comparison looks ludicrous.

As for Jennifer Connelly....I am totally with you. Though I find the transformation rather surprising, considering how she started her career as an eye candy. Having said that, without her contribution and depth of character, Top Gun would have been nothing more than a remake of the first one. Perhaps they should have nominated her accordingly.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@M3g4m1nd She popped up on my radar nearly forty years ago in Sergio Leone's masterpiece Once Upon a Time in America which is up there with The Godfather. Worth a view if you haven't yet

dosmovies.com/film/Once_Upon_a_T...

Report comment
(1y)

@..box.. Oh I have seen that. Quite a few times actually. No, my first encounter with her was in Career Opportunities.....hence the eye candy characterization smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,695 reviews • 122,387 films • 18,475 TV series