This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,723 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

The Best Guitar Solos (857 views, 57 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe LOVE me some ACDC and Pink Floyd are a favourite of mine. Looks like yours too ( wall Pic )

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz Wow...he does go ON!

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

... Prince does a great solo here..

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz That is great...the sound reminds me of Eric Clapton. I see the late great Tom Petty there, and also George Harrison!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe All the best musicians are gone eh.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Satriani doesn't need words.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri I can hear him loud and clear!

+1

master

The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 That's always been one of my favorites.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

.. John Frusciante... Great Guitarist

+4

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

....................................... No list would ever be complete without this man .. GOOD OLD JIMI

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz He did things with a guitar that were probably illegal...amazing!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe He's also playing what is actually a right-handed guitar left-handed.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz i love how the old videotape quality makes it so you can see [what looks like] his aura, just blazing out of Jimi while he plays 💜 💜💜🎸💜💜 💜

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Wait for it... smiley

+2

master

Peter Frampton "Show Me the Way"

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

I HAVE to add one by Leslie West!

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Got to add another.. this is so beautiful from an amazing and underrated guitar player. Brilliant.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@laylaandpaz Mark has done some amazing stuff! I loved his version of Romeo and Juliet! www.bing.com/search?q=dire+strai...

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Lurkio I saw them twice in Milwaukee, and once in Chicago back in the early seventies. The DSOTHM, and "Animals" tours. Memories...great visuals, too.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

youtu.be/P_JPCV4blBs

Brian Mays favourite guitar solo.
I can understand why too, it’s so varied and changes pace and style soooo many times and still keeps giving.
What a talent Nuno is 👌

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul If I could play like that.I probably wouldn't stop to eat or sleep.

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe He’s Rihanna’s guitarist when she tours as well. I know there’s more technically superior guitarists but only a very few like eg Eddie van halen that actually sends shivers up my spine. Maybe because I’ve played for so long I can deconstruct songs without wanting to.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul I DON'T play well...I'm just learning. I'm impressed with those fingers that look like independent thinkers...and ready to reach around the whole neck. Truly remarkable stuff. I have it in my mind, and can transfer it between the frets..but slowly. I don't see how anyone that is proficient in playing a guitar could ever be anything but happy.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I like my playing. I played for 4 hours the other evening but some of that was multi tracking with Cubase. I’d like to be better technically but the strange thing is that being limited makes you more proficient in other areas such as composition and tone. My hero is Jeff beck because he embodies and epitomises everything that is soulful about the guitar. For sheer technical brilliance I keep coming back to Eddie but Steve morse won guitarist magazine poll so many years ....here’s why...

master
Report comment
(5y)

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

It’s my birthday..so I’m having Jeff Beck too

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@shabbapaul Hell yeah!

master
Report comment
(5y)

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Sorry,i had to...

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@R3VENANT No need to apologize. Who doesn't like it? It's fantastic. A little short.

master
Report comment
(5y)

UNDERRATED AND FUN

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Lurkio Pink Floyd is always a pleasure!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I like how PF have kinda become 'required listening' for pretty much all of these different reaction channels on Youtube.

Suddenly all of these random people, and some of them are pretty young, or they might be older but for them PF was never ever on their musical radar, are discovering this music for the first time and they're getting their minds blown by songs like Time, Great Gig, Dogs, Echoes, etc...

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Lurkio I have an Aunt that's about my age. She never listened to Pink Floyd. But I left an Album at her house, anyway, 40 years ago. Her kids, my cousins, grew up as Floyd fans. I saw her recently, and she asked me.."Why didn't I realize how good they were?" I don't have an answer. NOW she apreciates them.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Welcome to the dark side...

[SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe We will all be gone before Dark side of the moon fails to impress smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@torrac I agree. Besides being technically brilliant, it reaches something in our collective unconscious.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Cool Thread! Well done yall!

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Not necessarily the greatest. It's short and sweet, and definitely one of my favourites. From 2:10.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale The Beateles really didn't play much Rock. But when they did it was special. "Oh. that magic feeling nowhere to go." I like "Golden slumbers" a lot also..."The End'.. Lennon told a story about the last song on Abbey road....he was having a hard time finishing it, and McCartney walked by , took a look, and said.." And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." Lennon saaid he was blown away.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Seems to be a fairly common thing with bands, where one person is trying to write lyrics, gets stuck, and a bandmate will randomly come up with a perfect solution.

For example, Glenn Frey talked in History Of The Eagles documentary about the song 'Take It Easy', where he came up with the last four lines to finish the songs second verse, because the songs writer, Jackson Browne, had gotten stuck after coming up with...

Well, I'm a-standing on a corner
In Winslow, Arizona

Apparently Glenn looked at the song and promptly added the lines...

Such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord
In a flatbed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me

And from that little bit of help Jackson was then able to to finish what became a classic Eagles song.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Better known for the sax riff, but the guitar solo at the end is also pretty cool.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Lurkio Great group!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Yep smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

i mustsay the solo of i was only joking from rod steward it is amazing. smiley smiley smiley

+1

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

does the first minute of this video count?

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,723 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series