This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

Pinball - The Man Who Saved The Game. [recommended] (221 views, 7 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Just caught this and was thoroughly entertained by story, acting and humour.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

Sounds good. Nice to see you back smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd Nice to be back JD smiley

I much preferred the analog pinball to the electronic Space Invaders so it was interesting to see the history of these machines. Probably shows my age too.

+2

Report comment
(12mo)

@..box.. I too preferred the pinball machines. Especially when you could apply the "personal touch" by hitting the machine repeatedly either to influence ball trajectory or to simply express your frustration. Hitting a TV or a computer monitor doesnt provide the same results (plus it gets expensive after a while) smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(12mo)

Now available for viewing ...

dosmovies.com/film/Pinball_The_M...

+1

guru
Report comment
(11mo)

That was a good suggestion. I really enjoyed it. An interesting story, with good acting, but possibly the worst fake mustache in the history of movies.

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

Wander - I think the moustache in the film was exaggeratedly "limp" probably for comic effect but it did no favours to the character's first impression.

In real life the moustache was much bushier and "manly".

guru
Report comment
(11mo)

I think it was definitely a deliberate choice. In close-ups, you can see where it is glued to his lip. If they had wanted to, they could have easily done that better. So bad it is funny. The way the older Roger would break the 4th wall, having the guy bring in a box for him to stand on is a good example. There are plenty of taller actors they could have hired. I almost think they hired a shorter actor just for the scene with the box. It looks like everyone involved had a lot of fun doing this film. So let me amend my first message. This movie has possibly the worst mustache in the history of films, since the silent movie era, and it was perfect.

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series