This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,379 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Links Request - Rolf Harris: Hiding in Plain Sight (324 views, 11 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)
+4

senior guru
Report comment
(10mo)

Can you tell what it is yet..

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)
+3

Report comment
(10mo)
+2

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

I'll have a snoop around. smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

There is an issue with IMDB information, so I had to edit and submit quite a bit and am waiting on IMDB to update so I can create a url here.

In the meantime, am sending you a PM. smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@DontSpeak Wonderful Hy.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(10mo)

I used to watch his shows on TV, loved the way he painted cartoon pics on a large sheet of paper using the type of brush for painting houses.
But the things he was doing, how did he get away with it for years? Just like Jimmy Saville. Abuse in plain sight.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)
(edited)

@Buttless How did he get away with it for years?

The documentary shows some of the victims speaking about this very fact. The fear of not being believed and the fact that he was in a position of power with enough money.

However there is one case which involved a friend of his daughter's, whom he abused from the age of 13 and the relationsip continued until she was 28. People were aware of it happening and it had terrible consequences for the girl, but he had control over her and he may have been considered untouchable until the Jimmy Saville abuse came to light.

What a bastard!

+1

Report comment
(10mo)

@..box.. It's pretty obvious that people knew what was going on in the industry.

All it takes is silence. All it takes is a "this isn't my problem, I don't want to cause any upset or trouble for myself" attitude and it continues.

Seeing something and doing nothing means you are complicit.

It isn't monsters like this or hate that will take the world down for the final dunk in the deep, dark pool of the abyss; it's apathy

It was a very well presented documentary, Box. Thank you for requesting. it.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(10mo)

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,379 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series