This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,394 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

JudgeDredd signing off (1680 views, 103 replies)

Report comment
(1y)

Dear fellow members,

An exciting business opportunity has presented itself which brings my function of moderator to question. Specifically, my administrative capacity to the site represents a conflict of interest with my current assignment and leaves me with no choice but to resign my function as a moderator.

Its been almost 4 years since I assumed the responsibility of the post. I have met some really interesting people, have made some new lifelong friends, engaged in hours of satirical debates and had loads of fun in the process. It has been a genuine pleasure working with you all.

To the overwhelming majority of the members who follow the mantra of 'treat them as you want to be treated', all I can say is thank you for restoring my faith in the online humanity. To the overwhelming minority who couldn't manage to follow three small paragraphs of simple rules, all I can say is.......wait a minute, nearly all of you have left the site so I don't need to say anything.
Read more

+34

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Thank you JD for all your work here and on Anysubject also.

I have enjoyed reading your many comments where wit and intelligence shone through.

Your moderation will be missed.

Hasta luego amigo.

+11

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@..box.. My friend, I am flattered by your kind words. But if I am to be honest, where wit and intelligence is concerned, I was always two steps behind you. I suppose I could never really compete, taking into account your Irish roots and Spanish domicile. Irish wit with Spanish temperament makes for a killer and truly entertaining combination.

I am honored to be called your friend. Stay true smiley

P.S. BTW, when you have the time and when available, a copy of Harry's upcoming book 'Spare" would certainly contribute to my personal entertainment.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Βλέπω πολλά από αυτά τα μικρά ερειπωμένα να σωρεύονται. νομίζουν ότι θα επιστρέψουν αφού φύγετε από τη θέση σας. χαχαχα

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@StarKissed Ομολογώ ότι το βρίσκω αρκετά διασκεδαστικό smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd All the best and thank you!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

So there is a god after all.

+8

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 You are not very bright, are you? I said I am going. I didnt say I am gone. smiley smiley

+11

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@MPA2000 as my Mother and millions of Mothers' before and after her said, if you don't have anything nice to say..... well we all know the rest.💯

+6

master
Report comment
(1y)

oh are you leaving as member as well?
thank you for helping me sign up as a confused newbie smiley
smiley smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@❄Suisen❄ And miss on all the movies and tv shows? No way. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd phew,,, smiley

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Thank you for the moderation. Good luck in your life / ΚΑΛΗ ΤΥΧΗ ΚΑΙ ΝΕΕΣ ΑΡΧΕΣ ΣΤΟ '23 !

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos Να σαι καλα φίλε μου. Τις καλυτερες μου ευχές για το νέο έτος smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd ευχαριστώ

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Thanks for the work JD, you have much more patience with a-holes than I would have.
Good luck with whatever you are doing next. smiley

PS... can we return to politics now? [SPOILER]

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Thats because I treat A-Holes like children. Talk to them calmly, scold them, or spank them. And not in that particular order smiley smiley smiley

+3

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Thanks, Judge, and best of luck to you on the new endeavor 👍✌

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@max_black Thank you my friend. smiley smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Breaking news!
The 'bring back Chaz' movement gains momentum...

+2

guru
Report comment
(1y)

See you soon MegaMind !

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
+1

Report comment
(1y)
+1

admin
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Thanks a lot for your help and advice. Judge does not leave the site, he simply ceases to be a moderator temporarily. Of course, this puts me in front of a difficult choice who will be the next moderator.

+8

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Dr.Evil It was a pleasure and an honor working for you. smiley

+4

@Dr.Evil I'm sure you will choose wisely. smiley I have all the confidence in you

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@Dr.Evil Why not let the members vote someone in.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@PureVodka🍺 Ehmm....because this isn't a democracy?

Besides, all administrative posts everywhere are awarded on account of specific merits such as experience, ability, good judgement, capacity to handle pressure, proactive risk assessment/mitigation and conflict resolution, to name a few. Popularity was never in the essential criteria anywhere because the immediate impact of decision making is always the loss of popularity.

+8

Report comment
(1y)

@Dr.Evil I'm sure anyone with an opposing thumb can replace Dredd.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 That certainly rules you out from consideration smiley

+6

Report comment
(1y)
+2

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Your opinion means nada anymore. 😂😂

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 Still better than you opinion which never meant anything smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd That's cute. I think I will spend a lot of money to go to law school just to become an unpaid moderator for a website and act like I'm better than everyone. 😂😂

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 I applaud your thinking. Its never too late to get an education. God knows you need it smiley

+6

master
Report comment
(1y)

smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) Dont worry, I am only half gone. I will remain with my private account smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd whew, Thank Buddda… ya skeer'd me fer a sec! smiley We can’t afford to loose ANY good ones around here ya know? smiley

smiley *I’m only half gone too now that I’ve thot about it?

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Dear Judge Dredd, I am dreading your departure as a moderator, you are fair and always pleasant in your communications with everyone that loves and respects this site. I'm glad that you are not leaving and that your account will remain active so that myself and everyone else that loves you can continue to know how you are doing. I bid you nothing but success in your new venture. It has been a pleasure to have you as a moderator for your advice and keeping the people that don't respect others at bay and away. Yours Truly Rosie. smiley smiley

+6

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Dear Rosie,

I am touched. Truly. So much, that I am honestly lost for words (and you know how rare that is for me). Thank you for your kindness but most importantly thank you for being my friend. A true honor. smiley

+5

@JudgeDredd Awe you warmed my heart with your comment. I feel the same way about you.❤️😊

+4

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Agreed, the dread of JDs absence is certainly REAL smiley

+3

@(⌐■_■) Yes it sure is smiley

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

Good luck with your new ventures, JD. 'Conflict of interest' sounds like you're hooking up with the MPAA to moderate us all to jail.

+5

Hide 12 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@DemandingFemale smiley I had the same thought.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@DemandingFemale Thank you so much. smiley

Actually, its considerably higher than the MPAA and in order to avoid them checking this site to assess the potential conflict of interest, I thought it best to resign and protect the site from trouble.

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Άμα ψάχνεις σφουγγοκολάριους σφύρα να στείλω βιογραφικό! Ξέρω να κάνω και χαλβά από σιμιγδάλι!

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos I put this into Google Translate. I don't think it has ended well. HAHA

"If you are looking for sponge collars, send me a resume! I also know how to make semolina halva"

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DemandingFemale the word σφουγγοκολάριος is super funny. Google is not translating well Greek always. Only small everyday phrases. In medieval times Kings had a servant wiping their behinds. Perhaps you have heard or seen in some movie. It's a historic fact hahahahha. So I asked him if he needs one such servant to let me know so that i send my CV

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos oh yes, forgot, plus I know how to make semolina halva

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos We had the position here in Royal households, too. They were called The Groom of the Stool

The older I get the more I want one.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DemandingFemale Groom of the stool....hahahhaha very funny

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Nasos No need for Google Translate. YouTube does it better:

smiley smiley smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd ROFL....

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DemandingFemale U in my mind! hahahahhahaha. Was really afraid even to ask in private.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I've been out of town for two weeks, come back and find THIS? How dare you? Haven't I suffered enough already? I will listen to terribly sad songs and get senselessly drunk. I will never recover!!!

Seriously, I'm so angry with you, your leaving is giving me the death blow, I'll suffer for months and cry into my pillow every night. I will not join the good wishes here, instead I will hang a picture of you and throw balls at it. First you lure me into a wonderful friendship, just think of all the ass clowns we made fun of on @anysubj, all the beers we toasted with and all the tears we laughed.... I can hardly keep writing because I'm so flustered.

How can this new year be good, my life is passing me by, I can't help but think of the countless moments when you logged on and your picture popped up among the users, you filled my day with joy and put a smile on my face.
Read more

+10

Hide 15 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD the bromance is strong with this one smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@❄Suisen❄ Don, Simon and I were the unholy trinity on Anysubj. There was nothing that we didnt make fun of. We invented Dildo Wars and buttplug wars, meaning that the weirdest find wins the war. You cant imagine what we uncovered from the net to top each other smiley

+7

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd oh dang, here i only sent the dildo xmas cards to Don, sorry smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@❄Suisen❄ Dont worry. I am not jealous. I have a huge collection of dildo pics, courtesy of Don and Simon smiley smiley

+3

@JudgeDredd yes I recall that day. I saw images that can never be unseen now. A new world was opened up to me that day. Things I never knew existed and I still don't understand why they do smiley smiley smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 [SPOILER]

+4

@JudgeDredd oh dear what was I thinking! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Do not worry. I will protect you from Simon. smiley smiley smiley

+2

@CitizenD Awe thank you dear you are so kind. Which is the word and feeling I love to spread💞

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛
I had to laugh out loud for a minute when I read this. I have to thank you! smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD Oh c'mon. You will survive. The only thing though is that you have to invest in weed rather than booze. I can see your aim suffering from it. My head is considerably higher and to the right smiley

I wonder....which picture do you prefer to see when you log in? This ugly mug or the blue megahead? Cause I prefer the latter. More fun talking about his blue balls smiley smiley

Seriously Don. Dont worry. I will be in here with pretty much the same frequency. My entire audiovisual entertainment is tied to this place. And I am not talking about just the movies here. The online world without you and Simon looks kinda bleak. Who else would I discuss with about chocolate dildos and buttplugs? smiley

See you tomorrow when I am a private blue citizen smiley smiley

+6

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd You had me at "Oh c'mon". smiley

But I have a request. May I continue to call you JD? Please? smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD As you want, my friend. I dont care what you call me as long as you call me. smiley

+6

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Eau grrreat... now i'm crying.
FAAAAAAAKADUK

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

To mark JD's departure, this weekend is
NO TROUSERS DAY.

Everyone is invited to take their pants off in his honour.

+1

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless How is that? Too much? smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Too much? Not my thing, let the ladies judge.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd that chin dimple smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@❄Suisen❄ Not mine, I am afraid. This is mine

smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd still a chin dimple smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
+1

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd im a dimpesh haha

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

It will be very difficult to find a worthy replacement.

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Xanthe199 smiley There will never be another Like JD, just can't. smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)
+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Xanthe199 Granted that a Moderator/Lawyer combo will not be easy to find. But that qualification was useful to bring some order into the original chaos. Now with nearly all the problematic users being chased away, the site is significantly more civilized. As such the winning qualifications would be humanity and persuasion, rather than the ability to hit idiots with a stick smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd You have made a significantly positive impact. I hope it stays this way :)

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@Xanthe199 I have no doubts it will. DemandingFemale is certainly up to the task. I am quite certain she will prove to be a better Moderator than I was. smiley

+2

skilled
Report comment
(1y)

Judge Dread, you're a lot more than just a moderator, your gonna leave some pretty big shoes to fill.
Hope you're planning to stick around to mentor your replacements (or harass them...).
I wish you success in your new endeavor, we'll miss your sage admonitions.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@WAGB283 You are too kind. I will remain in my private capacity and of course I will be available to assist in any way during this transition. As for my sage admonitions ( smiley smiley ) well....you will still see these but under the cover of debate. smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I am very sorry to hear that. Good staff is hard to find:)
I'm not quite sure, didn't you once suspend me on anysubj for a day when I was a bad boy? smiley

That was a calculated risk and I deserved it. You can suspend me anytime. smiley
Wanna say, with you, I don't feel like you're treating anyone unfairly.

I enjoyed your work mostly on anysubj. Is it true, what Doc Evil writes, that it is only temporary?

All the best and success in your new job.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Vantongerloo smiley Yes I remember that. I did suspend you once for going off the rails there. But don't worry, you weren't the only one testing the limits. The line between raunchy and abusive is a really thin one. Easy to cross.

Well, I tried to treat everyone in the same way but that was impossible. I couldn't treat occasional offenders and serial offenders alike. The occasional offenders respond to polite criticism and suggestion. Serial offenders ignore every civilized attempt to order. And when the carrot doesnt work, the only option is the stick.

Yes it is temporary. The conflict of interest is time limited. Upon expiration, I am free to resume my duties here.

Thank you so much for your kind words and your invaluable support during my tenure. Its been a true pleasure smiley

+5

Report comment
(11mo)

@JudgeDredd The pleasure was just as much on my side. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

oh my ole friend, that is a punch in the stomach, seriously.
Now, as the last surviving member of the lawyers' guild, I will roam these realms arm in arm with Donny, drawn by grief and melancholy.
We had great times, especially on Anysubject and your contribution, sense of justice, intelligence and wit, does not leave a hole, but a canyon.

As a colleague: good luck with your new project.
It was an honor for me
All the best my friend

+4

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Adrian∞ Joking right? This place smells a lot better and more fun now.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 That's probably because you haven't done anything to piss off the Mods yet. Don't be fooled by their apparent gentle demeanor. They are both highly capable and worthy successors.

Much to your dislike, this place is well protected. I made sure of that.

+5

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@MPA2000 I believe you already made your point. I would suggest you stop provoking.

JDs absence is only temporary. Lack of respect towards admin or any moderator is not appreciated or will it be accepted.

+8

Report comment
(1y)

@Adrian∞ My friend...I am truly touched by your words. But worry not as my absence is only temporary. I am scheduled to return either in June or in December. Besides, even in absentia from official duties, I remain part two of the Lawyer's guild. So cheer up, you are not alone. smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)
+1

master
Report comment
(11mo)

JD signed back On.
So, calm down whomever you are that's rarely calm. 👍

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,394 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series