This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,720 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Help I hurt my doggy💋 (726 views, 26 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(2y)

I was bringing in groceries and accidentally stepped on my babies foot. It cracked his nail horizontally and it is broken at the quick. It's barely hanging on. We called vet and they said if it keeps bleeding to wrap it and to keep an eye on it. It stopped bleeding but he's wanting to lick it like crazy.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is there anything I can do?
I feel so bad, I really Hate myself at the moment for hurting my precious baby. Any recommendations are welcome

Teeny💋😢😭

+2

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Their saliva helps them heel. Don't worry if its not bleeding and she estimated nothign broken. If the Dog big one teach it, if u can, not to stand infront of u and jump to hug or lick. They make senile family members or relatives fall down and broke legs or other parts

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23878824...

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos Thank you so much. I'm just so worried about him. 💋

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 don't worry indeed, many dogs break nails while in crazy play or hunt. Let it lick and do as he'she likes. A thorn is more dangerous if not found in time

+1

@Teeny💋 Hey my friend Evie is a vet and always helps me with my pup whenever I have questions. She is super smart and knowledgable I'm gonna forward your post to her and ask her what she thinks. I'll let you know ASAP. Cute Pup sorry to hear! :(

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@ᚘ𝕺ƸᚰĦҜïᑻ⭍🌘 Thank you so much💋💋💋

God
Report comment
(2y)

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@Teeny💋 Wow he is a very cute little creature!!! If u can teach him also accept calmly the time you care of his nails. Some are very nervous when u treat them. If u be patient they take it like a game of reward and they almost like dead when u cut them or treat them. U just need patience

+1

senior guru

Awww. He's so lovely. I am sure it will heal quickly, it's probably not much different to if we break a nail - too far down near the cuticle and it hurts a lot to start with but mends very quickly.

But a cautionary tale... am old cat of mine managed somehow to cut the pad on one of his front paws. I don't know how, I came home from a night shift to a kitchen that looked like a massacre had taken place. Much as I love horror films who wants to see that in their house.
Anyways an emergency trip to vet resulted a few stitches and his leg was splinted- not broken but done so that he could not walk directly on the cut, just for a couple of days, but during that time I, being the dutiful cat parent, carried him up and down the stairs and basically waited on him hand and foot (scuse the pun).
Even when the splint came off if he wanted moving up or down the stairs he would cry until I carried him where he wanted.
So a few more days go by, he is upstairs - having of course been carried up.
Read more

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I needed that laugh... thank you. That is too cute about lifting that paw. 💋

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ smiley smiley
Too funny! I have a German Shepherd and she's the same way, She even cries/whines "momma.." smiley

@Jewls I need to see a video of that !!

+1

expert
Report comment
(2y)

Just happened to glance at the topic on youtube. www.youtube.com/results?search_q...

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@UncleCreepy Thank you that was very informative. If the rest of the mail doesn't come off tonight we are taking him in tomorrow. Thank you again💋

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

Omg, that dog is melt your heart cute. lol

Don't worry, Teeny he has already forgiven you. The hard part is forgiving yourself. smiley

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@michael59 Yes it is. He's doing a lot better now, now that the nail came off. It just awful when you came explain to them what's going on. Thank you for your message. 💋💋💋

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Yesterday i visited the place in the Bush where I have buried my last dog and took some moments remembering her. After many years together with a dog, the things u will remember of him and the toll of your relation with him won't be the fact that once u stepped on his foot by mistake I think

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos Thank you for that. I know losing them is so hard. My husband lost his baby a couple years ago after having her for 14 years. She was in my life for 8 of those years. It was devastating for us both. My baby now is the first dog I've let in my heart all the way in a long time. I tried guarding my heart after losing one I had years ago. My bohdi found his way in and now I can't imagine a life without him. We actually rescued him for my husband but bohdi decided he was going to be my baby. I didn't exec realize how much I needed him until after that. They truly rescue us and come into our lives when we need them the most. They are a part of the family and mean so much. There is nothing like the unconditional love they give us. Humans could learn a thing or two from them as far as I'm concerned. Do you have another one since the one you lost? 💋💋💋

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 True !

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 Forgot to answer the last question. Sorry. No, I haven't take some puppy. I feed 2 strays in my parents hood. One of them became attached to us. I keep an inox ball for food and water nailed on the fence for her and our neighbor just next to us provides a spot for her to sleep aside his own dog.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos You should rescue a baby in need. It is amazing how you end up needingthem more than they need you. Plus people with pets live longer. I got my parents a siamese kitten and it has totally changed their lives. They are so happy and love for that kitty💋💋

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,720 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series