This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,657 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Healthy Meals (with pictures) (730 views, 37 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

This is what i have just finished eating, now about to settle down to some films.

Sweet potato
Cabbage
Onion
Purple carrots
Broccoli
Mushrooms

All Organic

What are you cooking, eating or just finished right now? :)

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@KiaZi That looks delicious!

I love sweet potatoes and there are so many ways to cook them. Can also make easy chips with them same with kale. I crave veggies more than I do any meats.

Tonight I will be making ginger + garlic halal chicken using plain yogurt with a pinch of turmeric, cayenne and black pepper. I cover the chicken in this and let sit in fridge for a few hours (after I have first cleaned it with lemon) I save a little of the plain yogurt for my green salad which contains kale, lettuce, dandelion, spinach and chick peas. The chicken will go alongside a bed of Basmati rice served with bhatura bread tamarind chutney to dip it in. It's East Indian inspired but something I cook for my husband and I that is extremely healthy and all organic.

;)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Organic? Do you mean it actually grows? The word Organic = 10% on your food bill. What a lie. Unless you are from another planet we don't know about, you are 'organic'.
Apart from that; That is one good looking meal, though I can easily drop the cabbage, not a flavour I enjoy. The big button mushrooms, I like drizzled with garlic butter. Butter made from cow milk. Garlic grown in soil fertilized by herbivores that I will happily eat later.
Chicken are omnivorous, just like people.

Last meal today; Garlic chicken with cashews and flash heated vegies that only a super heated wok can do. That is a skill I will leave to them that can.

+2

Hide 2 replies...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Real? The 'Deep blue' is well fished out.
Chemically? ever looked at the periodic table? How many of them actually makes you?
Taste. Can not agree more. though would put dollars on you in a blind test. I'll take the dollars coz you wouldn't know unless told. Ever catch a fish with hook and line? One of each. Then cook said fish with self made fire of twigs. That is self gratifying flavour.
The lesson is very simple. If you don't like it do not buy it.
Apparently fishing is a sport? How strange is that.
I have fresh water and salt water rods. Only ever tie on a single hook. The trick is having the bait the fish wants enough to ignore the hook. Fish are not as stoopid as we wish them to be.

As for Pollution. Remember Chernoble, the nuclear plant that went. I was growing up in the nothern part of our world then. Bet if you use a Geiger counter on me it will still register above the back ground expected.

Sorry, got a bit off topic.
Organic. Well anything that grows is a huge mix of chemicals, some taste good, some not.
Read more

Hide 1 reply...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Na, sorry for the confusion. Salmon has pink flesh, so do sea trout. Both are spawned in fresh clean water and spend their growing years in the oceans.
What upsets me is people that think its good to net the rivers and 'canned' the fish before they have the chance to spawn. I don't know if you know. In Scotland we built a lot of dams for hydro electric. Also built fish ladders. So the fish can get past the dam.
Farmed fish is way past the bland grey. Sea salmon might not be as good as one caught with your own line and hook. Farming fish takes square miles of ocean.
You probably don't know that billions of spawn are put into small streams every year, for at least the last 2o years I've heard about.
I still take my rod to water, If I catch lunch, I eat well that day. If not. I have a relaxing day. And sped a few dollars on food.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Have I confused you yet?

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I put it down to the imbibing of falling over water, commonly known as booze.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I had oven roasted free-range duck.

With a selection of non-organic salad.

In a GMO wheat flour tortilla wrap.

Smothered [SPOILER] in hoisin sauce.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Organic and raw, yummy :)

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@torrac I could eat my weight in Salmon. One of the "alone" episodes this guy wouldn't eat a Chinook salmon because he wasn't sure what it was and didn't want to be sick. Dumb ass was right in a spawn stream starving to death. Salmon here about 25 bucks a pound here.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for bfast yes lol

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@torrac Salmon patties and white cream gravy!

+1

expert
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Curried Quinoa vegetable stew.

Mct/Coconut oil
Coconut milk
Roasted garlic
Lumiere de sel, Himalayan pink salt
Various curry spices. (Garam masala, cumin, tumeric, peppercorn, etc.)
Sprouted organic quinoa
Sprouted organic green lentils
Yukon gold potatoes
Glenn Muir organic tomatos
Peaches n cream corn
Organic Peas
" Spinach.

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@vui7753 This looks delicious and something I would cook + eat.

Which culture is this dish inspired by?

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A Culture? hmmm, iono i jus know what i like to cook an eat. I'm always creating my own recipe's. I guess, indian/thai/american?
20+ years i make my own indian/thai/french food. I would eat from a thai place and then make the dish at home w/my own twist. Things have jus evolved over the years.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@vui7753 Me too, I cannot not tweak a recipe. It's only a recipe once for a guide. Never to be used again. I love experimental cooking. mydaughter told me it was cruel to use family as test animals. She was five I bout died.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@vui7753 I thought it was Indian/Thai which I love (spice + curry). I also do the same thing when cooking and rarely ever follow direct recipes unless it's something totally new.

Cooking is something I enjoy and find therapeutic - turn on some music, get in the groove, do a little dance then VOILA, bon appetit! So rewarding to see others enjoy a good home cooked meal too.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Why have I not discovered this thread yet??

This morning I am making a big stock pot of chicken and broccoli soup with garlic and onions. No photos I'm afraid, but the whole chicken is in simmering now with the caramelized onions and garlic and boy does it smell good.

+4

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox any 'dough boys'?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A I don't believe I know what that is...

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox It's a Canadian/Newfie thing DB aka dumplins. Drop them in a broth or stew towards the end to soak up the flavour ... so good!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A IL. USA we them dumplings and they are one hundred percent delicious.
I may have leftover stew but you can bet someone fished out the dumplings.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 It's all about them dumplins and who gets the last one lol I can totally relate.. there's NEVER a leftover dumplin, ever!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A I admit, not always shamefully but perhaps in this case, that I am from Toronto :-P

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox I am proudly born and raised in the 416 and wouldn't want it any other way.

Go Raptors! Go Leafs!

(we play tonight)

+1

Report comment
(4y)

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I have just eaten a bowl of spaghetti bolognese - made with a meat substitute (Soy Protein), gluten-free pasta and a sprinkle of 50% reduced-fat cheese.

Jealous? No? Me either!

I did make a gluten-free carrot cake today, though. It's got carrots in it so it must be healthy, right?

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale You crack me up. smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

We had the first barbecue of the season, thick Angus steaks, beef sausages, lamb patties, ribs, and chicken kebabs in korma sauce. Served with jacket potatoes, fresh seedy bread and salad to make it healthy. And beer to wash it down.
Buuuuuuuurp!

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Buttless I demand pics!

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Sorry, its all gone!

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

What do you do with left over potatoes?

Boil 'em? mash 'em? stick 'em in a stew? Nope. You make Bombay potatoes with pita.

Glad the rest of the family are enjoying them. I reckon I might actually die if I ate them.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,657 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series