This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,394 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Ellen Page has become her authentic self. Is now transitioned to be Elliot Page. Good for him (218 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master

The thing that really angers me is He will probably never work in Hollywood again. Hence the reason that we have not seen him in anything other that Gaycation for a long time. He is a very talented actor regardless and should be honored for his talent not what gender he is period.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 It took alot guts to do what he did.Good actor.I would be interested in seeing his talent as a man.

+3

@tyetoes I know that once they transition it is very hard to find work. If they transition before becoming a Hollywood actor than it's not as much of an issue. I do hope I'm wrong and Elliot does go back to work and do more acting. You are correct it does take a lot of courage. Many in that situation just coming out gay can end their career.

+2

master
Report comment
(1y)

well Laverne Cox have had som bigger roles

+1

Hide 1 reply...

@❄Suisen❄ yes but weren't many of them about transgender and prostitution? I'm not sure because I'm not very familiar with L.C.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

He's authentically what the whole movement is about. His own mother said that he never wanted anything female related and constantly struggled as a child -- and this was well before the movement occurred.

I have been following media on this for quite a while, and there's a real peace he has now.

Netflix have transitioned his character in The Umbrella Academy, and he is in several films that will be released in 2023. He is also executive producing quite a few projects.

Fear not, he has worked too hard for too long to allow anyone or anything to rob him of his victory or push him down.

+6

Hide 3 replies...

@DontSpeak I'm so glad to hear this. Thanks Dontspeak. I am relieve to know this. I also can't wait to see what is around the corner re: the films he is in. I just love that you are a wealth of knowledge and take your time to research. Props to you as always my dear💖

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I really liked how they handled that on The Umbrella Academy, even how they did the credits, just very matter-of-fact about it.

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Wander Exactly. I honestly have a lot of respect for him. He's been entirely brave and classy. I give Netflix huge props for not creating a massive dramatic upheaval, and as you stated, being "very matter-of-fact" which is how it should be handled 90% of the time.

It is what it is. The manufacturing of such an excessive amount of dramatics is prone to attracting all the wrong types of attention, and correspondingly people who want nothing more than a podem to preach off of.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

It is so refreshing and encouraging to come across online discussion/opinions, regarding transgender people, that isn't unnecessarily hateful and uneducated. In 2004, a transgender woman won the television show Big Brother in the U.K. I couldn't see that happening now as it has somehow become one of the major issues people have decided to direct their anger and hate towards; encouraged by people with a platform who, bizarrely and irresponsibly, have decided to stir up hatred around a subject that should be much further down their lists of important and pressing issues, given the state of the world currently. It'd be a lot better (purely in my humble opinion) if people, whom I highly doubt would ever be personaly affected by anything even closely related to transgender people and their lives if they stopped strangely obsessing about them and directed that energy into firstly, taking the time to ensure that they are suitably educated on any topic, prior to commiting to and sharing such strong opinions about said topic; (as well as perhaps steering clear of issues that don't effect them) examening their priorities and just being a little bit bloody kinder.

+3

Hide 1 reply...

@delusionalthomas thanks for your words of wisdom and encouragement. They are wonderful to hear. Just as you stated.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,394 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series