This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

#1 Remedy for Heartburn / Acid Reflux / GERD without Medications (404 views, 18 replies)

God
Report comment
(11mo)

The root cause of heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux is the opposite of what we've been told. Learn more and discover the best natural remedy for these problems.

0:00 Introduction: Heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux remedies
0:10 What causes heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux?
4:38 The importance of hydrochloric acid
6:25 Typical treatments for heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux
8:10 What causes low stomach acid?
9:40 How to get rid of heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux
12:30 Learn more about what causes GERD and acid reflux!

+3

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)
(edited)

Last summer I was on six times standard GERD meds by doctor's recommendations.
I've had upper GI, all that. I'm down to three times standard GERD Meds now.
I just sent this to my doctor sister, I'll see what she says before I try that.
I may have seen this once before.
Thanks PV.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@Bread&Circuses Keep us updated, thanks for sharing.

+2

God
Report comment
(11mo)

Acid Reflux: What You Need to Know Before Reaching for an Antacid
bodybio.co.uk/blogs/blog/acid-re...

"Despite millions of Americans receiving this frustrating and painful diagnosis every year, acid reflux is still a commonly misunderstood health issue. You might already know that it is caused by stomach acid splashing up into the esophagus instead of remaining in the stomach, where the acid-resistant stomach walls protect us from feeling its harsh effects. Logically, we think that this means we have too much stomach acid. However, it is much more commonly caused by too little stomach acid.

Rethinking low stomach acid as the root cause behind acid reflux completely changes how we think about treating it––including what foods we can safely eat, what vitamins and supplements may be useful, and what medications we should use or avoid.

In this article, we will review what acid reflux is, what really causes it, and what you can do to relieve the painful symptoms associated with it."

God
Report comment
(11mo)

I take Betaine HCL every month are couple of month, what i do is make up about 6 500mg capsules and i will take 1 or 2 (with plenty of water) a day with a meal and then leave it for a month or two. I've had 8 capsules in the last 5 days and am going to make up some more and take for another 5 days (i will try and take at least 2 a day).

When you think about it, if we have high stomach acid, this would cause heartburn, would it not.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(11mo)

@PureVodka🍺 For the first 3 days i took 2 a day just before a meal and did get a slight heartburn if i did not drink enough water. But was suspecting the water was just diluting it to much, so yesterday i had 1 " with " a small meal and then 2 " with " my main meal and had no heartburn.

Then come across this today (from a post further down the page):

"Taking it before a meal may create a false experience of heartburn and can turn off stomach acid production for this meal."

So today (day 5) i took 2 with a small meal and felt fine, then later on when i had my main meal, i took 3 (not had 3 before) a few mins after eating some of my food and i only used " half a glass " of water when taking them. So i was expecting to feel something from that, but over 60 mins later, i had a couple of hiccups and no discomfort!

So what i'm going to do, is take a few capsules a day for the rest of April (10 days in a row of taking this is the most i've done), i will post the odd updates at the bottom of the page.

God
Report comment
(11mo)

By the way Betaine HCL is not the same as Betaine (TMG).

Why TMG (Betaine) Supplements Are So Popular
youtu.be/9RyzwCr15Pk

God
Report comment
(11mo)

Gastric acid (HCL) secretion: Mechanism and Regulation

God
Report comment
(11mo)

Need Potassium to Make Stomach Acid - Dr. Berg on Potassium & Low Stomach Acid

Mechanism of HCL Secretion| Gastric Acid Secretion Mechanism| Physiology| Made Easy

God
Report comment
(11mo)

Can You Become Dependent On Betaine HCl?

"Can You Become Dependent On Betaine HCl?

Will taking betaine HCl change the way your stomach works?

Will you keep needing higher and higher doses of betaine HCl?

This video answers these questions (hint - the answer is no, but check out why)"

Good info in this.

God
Report comment
(11mo)

How To Increase Stomach Acid Naturally
alessandraedwards.com/how-to-inc...

"Most people are familiar with antacid medication for heartburn or indigestion, and assume that stomach acidity is bad for you and must be decreased.

The opposite is actually true and, in the majority of cases, most people with digestive problems have low hydrochloric acid or HCl.

If you have a tendency to burp or you feel bloated straight after meals, you may be suffering from low levels of stomach acid. Stomach acid gradually decreases as we age and is also reduced by over-the-counter antacids or proton pump inhibitors. This is why, generally speaking, elderly people prefer starchy, sugary snacks like biscuits and cakes – their low levels of stomach acid make it hard for them to digest healthy protein foods.

Contrary to popular belief, having strong stomach acid is really beneficial for our health.
Before we learn how to increase stomach acid naturally, let’s find out why it’s so important to have good levels."
Read more

+1

God
Report comment
(11mo)

How to Support Optimal Stomach Acid for Good Digestion
carolinatotalwellness.com/blog/i...

"4. Betaine HCl challenge. An at-home test considered to be quite reliable, however false positives are possible, so it’s recommended to repeat the test three times. The betaine HCl costs about $20. If you have low stomach acid, you can then take it to help restore your HCl levels.

Buy Betaine HCl with pepsin.
Eat a high-protein meal containing at least 6 ounces of meat (veggies are allowed with this).
In the middle of the meal (not the beginning) take one betaine HCl pill.
Finish the meal and observe what happens.
Possible outcomes:

1. You notice no symptoms. This is likely a sign of low stomach acid.

2. Indigestion. Burning, heat, or heaviness in your chest likely indicate adequate stomach acid levels.

It is recommended to repeat the betaine HCl challenge two or three times to confirm your results. Three positive tests are a good indication of low stomach acid.
Read more

master
Report comment
(11mo)

Most of the causes of my experience with gerd was do to other medications. Mainly anasaid medication that treats pain and inflammation in my joints. If I were to eat something spicy the day I took that medication, it was terrible to the point I thought I would burn a hole in my esophagus. I rarely take that medication anymore only when the pain is so bad I can hardly move. Cardio exercise and stretching exercises have done more for me than any medication. The Arthritis Foundation taught me how to treat my pain without drugs. The service has been invaluable. Thanks for the post P.V.

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(11mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Well done and thanks for sharing. smiley

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@PureVodka🍺 you are more than welcome smiley

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Excellent advise, Rosie. smiley

It is ALWAYS best to start with the simplest thing and only use supplementation and medication as a last resort. It is absolutely necessary at times.

+1

Report comment
(11mo)

@DontSpeak Yes accumes razor. It is a great tool to solve any problem. Thanks Hy

+1

God
Report comment
(11mo)

0:00 Introduction: Stomach acid deficiency
0:15 The best tests for low stomach acid
2:25 Stomach acid deficiency symptoms
2:40 Atrophic gastritis
3:06 Atrophic gastritis symptoms
8:20 Atrophic gastritis causes and remedies
10:55 Learn more about low HCL!

senior master
Report comment
(11mo)

Heartburn / indigestion should always be checked by a registered medical professional, not Youtube 'experts'.
Gall bladder and other UGI problems can look like the same symptoms, and if left untreated may be serious.
I know!

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series