This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,709 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

💩 Why some feces float and others sink 💩 (635 views, 68 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Scientists answer the burning questions of our time...

A team of researchers at the Mayo Clinic has solved the mystery of why some people find their bowel movements floating while others find theirs sinking to the bottom of the toilet bowl. In their paper published in the journal Scientific Reports, the group describes their accidental discovery of the answer.

Prior to the 1970s, scientists believed that fecal matter either sank or floated depending on the amount of fat it contained. Experiments showed that not to be the case. Instead, trials with healthy human subjects showed that the difference was due to the amount of gas in a given fecal sample. But the question still remained: Why does fecal matter from some people tend to have more gas, and hence, more buoyancy than that of others?

In this new effort, the researchers were studying the microbiome of several lab mice, and sterilized the guts of some of them as a way to isolate differences in digestion and overall health related to different bacteria. As the experiments proceeded, the researchers noticed that none of the fecal samples produced by the sterilized mice floated. In mice, normally half of samples are floaters.
Read more

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I was able to rescue this forgotten document from the ruins of @nysubj.

+3

Hide 21 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

I can almost imagine that scenario playing. You could make a movie out of it. Something like Creepshow, only called Turdshow.....

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd For all that is holy, SIMON NO!!! smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd I know, right? I laughed so hard at Simon's comment, I wanted to make a comic about his story. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@CitizenD I'm wondering now if Buttless was unintentionally/intentionally involved? He writes that he "worked" in sewage for several years. smiley smiley smiley

smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak Just to clarify, I was in the Mediterranean sea in the south of France, not a cesspool and it was just as single turd, not a gang. Though it might have been sentient as it was definitely chasing me with intent. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@SimonM Thou doest protest too much!

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/-Why-...

smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak 🖕 smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM I will not be examining you with my finger for proof!

For God sakes, man! Rectal examinations were Don's specialty.

Stop begging!

smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I think you misunderstood the message smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak For your information, rectal examinations are not performed with the middle finger. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD Simon assured me that they are! smiley

The fiend!!! smiley

smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Don is an expert on rectal examinations, the only time you need to worry during the exam is when you feel his hands grip your hips or shoulders smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM smiley smiley smiley
Let's keep it professional, shall we, Simon?

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM What?!? smiley

He griped my {{{{{bleep}}}}

smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I asked myself many similar questions. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD Please, oh please....make a comic of this one:

smiley smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD Simon!!!

Stop snorkeling in the cesspool!

We've explained this to you a thousand times!

It's not for recreation. It's for defecation!

smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@CitizenD smiley smiley smiley
smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley I believe in education, but this is really a sh*tty story... just sayin'. smiley

smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) It stinks of something very...brown-ish. smiley

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Entirely too much examination information.

Fat floats.

Protein sinks.

Vegetation breaks up.

Synopsis complete.

smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak smiley AND THAT'S A WRAP!! smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) Not a wrap I'm eating. smiley smiley

smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Actually, sewage is very interesting stuff.
I worked in it for several years.

+2

Hide 42 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Wait, what? You were the floating turd in Simon's story?

smiley

smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak i was ok a min ago, but I'M DED NOW. smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Explain what you mean by that Buttless!
The people of dosmovies deserve a full clarification of the matter.

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD The full monty... er, the full FLOATY !

smiley

+5

@DontSpeak Man oh man the discussions you all have are over the top hilarious smiley smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I blame Simon.

Once the plug was pulled everything floated up!

smiley

smiley

+4

@DontSpeak Well it usually is Simon that gets these types of discussions going. NP. It is always amusing to read smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 For certain.

(My comment was a joke. Simon is a good friend.)

He's a butt plug loving, floating poop inclusive kinda man!

smiley

+2

@DontSpeak Oh I know I like him too. He's a good guy with a dark sense of humor. I love it! smiley smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 He is a good guy. His sense of humour is just that; humour.

Glad you love it, too. smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 If you really wanna have a laugh, ask Simon about this particular experience of his:

smiley smiley

+5

@JudgeDredd Oh dear do I really want to know. Heck yes. In fact I'll ask him now. hehe

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Unfortunately I didnt make a sreenshot of his story. We laughed our asses off and Simon got a lot of fame and glory for it. smiley

+4

@CitizenD I just sent him a message with the pic Judge posted. I can't wait to hear about this

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Hello Rose, I can't remember how or why I ended up sharing this on Anysubj and I'm not even sure it was relevant to the thread.. It was a brief account of what happened when I pissed on an electric fence. I should add, it was not intentional, but when men need to pee, we need a target. When outdoors, that's normally a tree or a fence or something similar. On this particular occasion, I chose a fence. It wasn't more than a second or two before the connection was made and the fence sent me a nasty shock. My cock shot back in like a snails eye, my balls disappeared up my arse and I dropped to my knees squeaking like a pig and rolled over clinging on to what was left of my d**k. I also briefly lost control and continued to peeing on myself at the same time.

It hurts like hell so please don't try this at home. smiley

+5

@SimonM Holy Mary in heaven. I'm so glad you weren't injured more. I do hope there are not any lasting effects? That is the craziest story I've ever heard. When I was a small child the neighborhood bully through me into one, so I know how bad the charge is. My hands and arms went numb for sometime. I can sort of relate. However you have me beat by the hundreds for sure. Thanks for sharing by the way. smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I'm please to report, there were no lasting side effects other than a healthy fear of fences. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM You know that some superheroes got their powers through some freaky accident? Well, here is the Superhero result of peeing on an electric fence:

smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM My friend you musta been raised in a city? smiley And of course everyone loves a city boy's intro to e-fencing. Epic smiley SHOCK smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@CitizenD .....and we found some really entertaining gifs in the process smiley

+5

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd I love the outfit! smiley

I remember you awarded me this for that story.

And gave me this for my profile.

smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM If anybody ever deserved the golden urinal, it was you. We are not worthy smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Yep, that's the most accurate one! smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM I figured that Don will have a field day photoshopping that one. Take away the hair, insert a solar panel and change the name to Simon.....and voila....our own personal superhero smiley smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd I'm looking forward to that, Don's pictures are the best! smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@SimonM As a youngster, he took a piss against an electric fence. ⚡

It almost killed him.... 💀

But then he recovered. And now he is better than before.

He is.....

smiley smiley smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD I look fantastic! Thank you! smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM Yes you DO! smiley

Honor to whom honor is due. smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD My guts hurt from laughing smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM Excellent! smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@SimonM Since we are on superhero makeover mode, a superhero needs appropriate weapons befitting his name. And since your name is Dick Thunder........well, these are your options:

For the close encounters, we propose this:

And in case the color is a little ostentatious, we have an alternative, a more discreet version:

When you are up against multiple perpetrators and discretion is no longer required, we have selected this for you:

When distance is a prohibitive factor, this may come in handy:

And if things get really hairy, you might need the big boys to bail you out of trouble:
Read more

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd I'll take them all, thank you. No decent superhero wants to get caught short and up shooting blanks! smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd You have uncovered the origin of all the firearms and what they were inspired by. smiley

When a son asks his father how he got into his mother's belly, the correct answer would be: "I shot you into there". smiley

+3

Report comment
(1y)
+3

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak oh noe i cannnnot 😵‍💫 aneemoar...
halp meh jebusss, take the wheeee - aw shyt nevermind.

smiley

My sides hurt and its all sumbuddy's fault up in here.

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless I worked on a biogas project, producing methane from sewage and using it to generate power; we tried to stick to hi-tech and to avoid the raw material.
At a conference a slimy-looking political type introduced himself "Hi I'm (name) in (corporate function)" and as we shook hands I replied "Pleased to meet you I'm (name) and I'm in sewage". The look of 'yuk!' on his face was wonderful, he didn't speak to me again.

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless The floaty poos are separated out in a fraction technically called 'scum' which produce good gas.

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless smiley smiley smiley Butt Sorry Less, after Simon's epic floaty story nobody cares anymore, no cigar.

HowevUrrr, we are def into one-upmanship. So, if ya got a sh*ttier story we are totally here for it!

Let'r rip: smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) How about this one? Shittier enough? smiley

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/-Why-...

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd Seems not e'nuff smiley smiley

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,709 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series